No announcement yet.

Google's ultra fast broadband network to start in Kansas City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how Alby would feel if people started calling Philly ****** land. That's no different than him calling Kansas City hillbilly land.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
      I wonder how Alby would feel if people started calling Philly ****** land. That's no different than him calling Kansas City hillbilly land.
      As of the 2004 Census estimations, there were 1,463,281 people, 658,799 housing units, and the racial makeup of the city was 45.0% White, 43.2% African American, 5.5% Asian, 0.3% Native American, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 5.8% from other races, and 2.2% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 8.5% of the population. The top 5 largest ancestries include Irish (13.6%), Italian (9.2%), German (8.1%), Polish (4.3%), and English (2.9%).[
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

How would you feel though?
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

'****** land' is a whole different ballpark from hillbilly. Hillbilly is practically a term of endearment.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Is Philly really worse than Detroit?

It can't be the worst ****hole in the country can it?
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
              Is Philly really worse than Detroit?

It can't be the worst ****hole in the country can it?
              Philly is over twice the size of Detroit. And no, the worst ****hole in the country is right across the Delaware River from us... it's called Camden.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                As of the 2004 Census estimations, there were 1,463,281 people, 658,799 housing units, and the racial makeup of the city was 45.0% White, 43.2% African American, 5.5% Asian, 0.3% Native American, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 5.8% from other races, and 2.2% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 8.5% of the population. The top 5 largest ancestries include Irish (13.6%), Italian (9.2%), German (8.1%), Polish (4.3%), and English (2.9%).[
                Gee... If that's the info on Philly, thanks for the numbers. It's even more reason why you should think Philly should be called ****** land. There are far more, and a higher percentage of black people in Philly in then their are Hillbillies in Kansas. And since you think calling Kansas City Hillbilly land is ok, that means it's even more OK for people to call Philly ****** land.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Philly is over twice the size of Detroit.
                  Sure it is, now. Detroit is the incredible shrinking city and one of the reasons I asked.

And no, the worst ****hole in the country is right across the Delaware River from us... it's called Camden.
                  I've heard it is a strong contender.

The question was really directed at those that made the accusation however. I watched the video of the Philly traffic dispute earlier so I have seen some evidence of ****tiness.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

'****** land' is a whole different ballpark from hillbilly. Hillbilly is practically a term of endearment.
                    And now you want us to believe that YOU used the term as a term of endearment?????
                    BS!

No... both are racial slurs. If you want to be calling someplace hillbilly land, then you really can't complain if people call your town ****** land.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Ming, how is hillbilly even close to being a slur compared to ni**er? Let's get real and get some perspective here. Hillbilly?

Comment

Ming, with all due respect, this thread is about Google opening up a network in Kansas City. Let's keep it on topic, shall we? If you would like to discuss the level of derogatoriness of the term hillbilly, we can do so in a separate thread.

Thanks

Comment

HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA... now that the shoe is on the other foot, you want to stop making the thread about you.

TYPICAL CRAP FROM YOU.

Some people find the term hillbilly a racist comment. And frankly, you are the one that used it as a SLUR!
                          So you shouldn't whine if people call Philly ****** land... what's OK for you should be OK for others... right.

And remember Asshat... you were the one that started this thread down this path... just like you have taken over threads screaming look at me or this thread is about me... so go screw yourself.

Maybe if you had wanted to actually talk about the topic in the first place you wouldn't have started off with post number 2 with your damn racial slurs.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

How would you feel though?
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

error
                              Last edited by Docfeelgood; March 31, 2011, 16:38. Reason: nevermind i'm just stoned

Comment

Ming, how is hillbilly even close to being a slur compared to ni**er? Let's get real and get some perspective here. Hillbilly?
                                Last time I called someone a hillbilly, he tried to kick my ass. I hear people call each other ******s all the time, with no apparent anger from the other side. Clearly, your view of the situation is wrong.
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X