Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat glue? Really? They have glue for meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need evidence that meat surfaces can be contaminated with bacteria and the process of binding does nothing to eliminate this bacteria?

What do you require evidence of?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I need evidence that its a problem after the meat has been cooked to "rare."
      "

Comment

The point of rare is that heat has not been applied to the insides in a way that would destroy the bacteria. cf hamburger.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It depends what you mean by gravity.
          "

Comment

I DanSed you, but that is a funny response.

So, do you require a multimillion dollar study before you accept that gravity exists and is essential to be taken into account by engineers?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

If you mean the force, no. If you mean the particle/wave, probably.
              "

Comment

Here's the clue then. People who eat rare hamburger often get sick from bacterial infections. Do you require a multimillion dollar study to prove that bacteria from the surface contaminates the inside of hamburger and it is thus unsafe to eat unless well done?

Should we change the public health codes to suit the lack of evidence as you require?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

But I don't see how this tangent is at all relevant. Your just assuming that there is a dangerous level of bacteria. There are simple tests for this kind of thing, and it doesn't look like the EU(or the OP video) bothered with any of that "sciencey" stuff.
                  "

Comment

Its amazing the the EU just outright banned it, didn't even bother with the labeling thing.
                    "

Comment

I think the idea of meat surfaces turned into meat interiors requires no more "sciency" stuff than the railing to prevent me from falling off a cliff does, but maybe that's just me... particle, wave, or mystery beam from Mars.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                        Its amazing the the EU just outright banned it, didn't even bother with the labeling thing.

They also have stringent ideas about authenticity.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Its a hypothesis which I'd be willing to accept...WITH PROOF.
                          "

Comment

You pay for it then, personally. The rest of us will sit over here with common sense.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Here's an idea. How about the clods who want to sell this crap pay to prove it is safe?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Do you want to sign up for the group that gets raw glued meat?
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X