Ivy League students heckle wounded Iraq War veteran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher View Post
    All the more reason Canada will have the upper hand once we deploy our disruptive weather technology and invade. You'll be like the Germans trying to invade Russia in WW2... All these ***** Americans like Alby shivering when it's -5C and falling on their ass on the ice.

How fast can you scale a 100 foot ice wall?
    Our Coast Guard is almost as big as the whole of the Canadian Forces. Good luck with that one.

Oh and our citizens are pretty well-armed. There are 0.9 registered guns per person in America.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Our Coast Guard is almost as big as the whole of the Canadian Forces. Good luck with that one.

Oh and our citizens are pretty well-armed. There are 0.9 registered guns per person in America.
      What good are those guns if you have the shot of an American and you can't move outside?

It sounds to me like the Marines are just a subset of Canadian soldiers. ****ing useless unless it's 68 degrees and sunny.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's fascinating how the Ivy League liberal arts degrees are so expensive, seeing as they're typically out-earned by state college engineering grads...
        That's the price you pay for having rich parents.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

What good are those guns if you have the shot of an American and you can't move outside?

It sounds to me like the Marines are just a subset of Canadian soldiers. ****ing useless unless it's 68 degrees and sunny.
          Hey I didn't say the Marine Corps isn't cold-weather capable. I just pointed out the paucity of cold-climate US wars since Korea. Although, to be honest, considering Marine combat history, really Korea was the only time the Marine Corps operated in a cold-climate. The Middle East, Somalia, Granada, Panama, Vietnam, the Pacific, the Caribbean, Mexico, the Barbary Coast... Even when Marines fought in the First World War, it was only during the summer of 1918. Interesting.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

They don't sound terribly useful.

Bunch of *******s that want to lounge around on beaches in the sun on the taxpayer's dime.

How much money would the US save by getting rid of the Marines?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

They don't sound terribly useful.

Bunch of *******s that want to lounge around on beaches in the sun on the taxpayer's dime.

How much money would the US save by getting rid of the Marines?
              Yes lounging on tropical beaches like Tarawa and Peleliu:

Comment

Did the Army not invade beaches as necessary?

Comment

Wasn't there that D-Day thing? I think that was a bit beachy-invadey.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I don't think it was sunny enough for the Marines.

Comment

The military really does not belong at college. College should be about learning and the military only teaches you about killing.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Sox View Post
                        The military really does not belong at college. College should be about learning and the military only teaches you about killing.
                        And yet...

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/94/best-colleges-10_Americas-Best-Colleges_Rank.html

#3 US Military Academy (West Point)
                        #11 US Air Force Academy
                        #29 US Naval Academy

Comment

Well the military teaches officers really sophisticated ways of killing, haha. They're not just grunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Sox View Post
                            Well the military teaches officers really sophisticated ways of killing, haha. They're not just grunts.
                            ROTC is an alternative to going to a service academy.

Comment

Real students go to universities, not "colleges"
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                No, rich privileged crackers are the most liberal of all.

Poor whites are the conservatives.
                                Heck poor nonWhites are even more socially conservative than poor Whites, its juts wealth distribution that puts them in alliance with the rich Liberal Whites.
                                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Working...
                                X