Ivy League students heckle wounded Iraq War veteran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
    The most conservative universities tend to be the religious ones. Harvard also seemed rather conservative to me. At least compared to Yale.
    Hey! There's Mr. Columbia now!

The fact of the matter is that ivy leagues don't represent the nation as a whole so there will be distortions. An average public university would do a better job at representing the national (or at least local from whence the student population is drawn) outlook than an Ivy League school would.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I found schools with more math/science to be more conservative than the "liberal arts" uni's.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Ivys are super into liberal arts. Except for Cornell, they are all farmers.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It's fascinating how the Ivy League liberal arts degrees are so expensive, seeing as they're typically out-earned by state college engineering grads...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Well it's something not too taxing to pass the time whilst waiting for the next cash injection from the trust fund.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Most liberal arts majors at Ivys end up in consulting companies like Rand or McKinsey, regardless of their major. A few go into film or politics and actually make something of themselves.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                It's fascinating how the Ivy League liberal arts degrees are so expensive, seeing as they're typically out-earned by state college engineering grads...
                Clearly those liberal arts degrees must possess some non-monetary value unglimpsed by mere engineering degrees.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

eg. Being a lot easier.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    Clearly those liberal arts degrees must possess some non-monetary value unglimpsed by mere engineering degrees.
                    What would that be?

Arrogance, snobbery, or beret fashion?
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Universal truth
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's the ability to have intercourse with actual females that probably swings it.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Many of the 200 students in the audience held anti-military placards with slogans such as, "1 in 3 female soldiers experiences sexual assault in the military.
                          1 in 3? Typical.

Comment

2 in 3 male sailors experience sexual assault in the military.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                              It's the ability to have intercourse with actual females that probably swings it.
                              WTF is that a good thing? It's not exactly hard to do. Go look around Alabama and see the results of such activities.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                                2 in 3 male sailors experience sexual assault in the military.
                                Typical.

Comment

Working...
                                X