University of Cincinnati to drop computer science major

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    Ah, so an opportunity to display your misogynist side?
    And he didn't even bother hiding it from post 1.

Besides, I thought Hera was a fan of supply and demand? From the OP, there are 125 majors in Comp Sci in a university with over 24,000 full time undergrad students and over 7,000 part time undergrad students:

http://www.uc.edu/about/ucfactsheet.html
    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; February 22, 2011, 00:49.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      Wow, you sound almost as ignorant as when Alpert claims computer science is worthless.
      Ok I have a open mind. What do in your opinion women's studies add to society?
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        And he didn't even bother hiding it from post 1.

Besides, I thought Hera was a fan of supply and demand? From the OP, there are 125 majors in Comp Sci in a university with over 24,000 full time undergrad students and over 7,000 part time undergrad students:

http://www.uc.edu/about/ucfactsheet.html
        Hating women =/= hating modern feminism
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          The Indians don't do real CS work. They're the equivalent of cheap labour for home building rather than engineers or architects.
          While in general I agree, there are some exceptions. But a lot of companies have gotten really screwed up believing that it's the norm.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            What's the point of training Americans in computer science when the Indians are all up in this and will do the work for a fraction of the cost?
            You still need staff on-site to reset computers for the baby boomers who can't figure out how to stop their alarm clocks from flashing 12:00.

AGEISM LOL
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Why do we need more Computer Scientist as long as Asher lives?
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

He can't reset all our router
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

He can hack them all though, and thus spoil the eggs in your wifi enabled refrigerator.

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Maybe the computer science majors at U of Cinn weren't worth much either?
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post

Video was almost worthless, except, somehow, I was able to quick link to Bill Burr.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                          X