University of Cincinnati to drop computer science major

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whoha View Post
    Yep, BS will get more federal dollars and keep the rest of the university, most importantly administration, afloat.
    Oh I get it, its like all those worker's self managment and Marxist classes the UNI in Ljubljana promoted back when we where part of Yugoslavia.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
      Cutting woman's studies =/= misogynist

BTW I can't fathom why anyone would think that women's studies aren't misandrist.
      No, just as thread after thread regarding race (you managed to work that in earlier as well) aren't racist.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

...fat unattractive American women to be *****y sexually frustrated feminist hags...
        Feel the love.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
          No, just as thread after thread regarding race (you managed to work that in earlier as well) aren't racist.
          Sorry seeing the managerial state in actions just ticks me off.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Feel the love.
            I do indeed love young attractive women
            I also love physically unattractive virtuous women

Feminists are generally neither and simply push ther gynocentric agenda and work as apologists for misandrist legislation.
            Also if its acceptable to psychoanalyse people and tarnish their motivations as "racist" or "sexist" or "sexually frustrated" then why can't the same brush be applied to feminists?

How do women's studies fare under this standard?

Comment

Feel the love.
              Anyway my objection is economical.

They're many women willing to be man hating hags for free

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                What's the point of training Americans in computer science when the Indians are all up in this and will do the work for a fraction of the cost?
                The Indians don't do real CS work. They're the equivalent of cheap labour for home building rather than engineers or architects.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

What is the point of training fat unattractive American women to be *****y sexually frustrated feminist hags, they'll do it for free anyway!
                  Wow, you sound almost as ignorant as when Alpert claims computer science is worthless.

Comment

Is Women Studies really a career, or just a course?
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
                      Is Women Studies really a career, or just a course?
                      You can major in Women's Studies. What jobs you could get in that field beyond teaching Women's Studies, I don't know.
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        The Indians don't do real CS work. They're the equivalent of cheap labour for home building rather than engineers or architects.
                        They're called wet backs.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You can major in Women's Studies. What jobs you could get in that field beyond teaching Women's Studies, I don't know.
                          Home Ec.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Is this about women's studies or computer science?
                              Aren't those the same thing?
                              APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Hera's attitudes towards feminism notwithstanding, Women's Studies is one of the very few majors less useful than my own English major. It sure as hell isn't worth a CompSci degree.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X