No announcement yet.

Noble Lies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fine. Did you google any others? I gave you a link to a article that one could view as fair and balanced since it was made well after the fact. At least it shows that the Bush administartion 'hinted' ("strong and overwhelming evidence") at an involvement, a claim that Cheney now(2009) has to refute. Have you forgotten about all the fuzz about Iraqi secret agents meeting with The Evil in Vienna (IIRC). Have you forgotten that the war was jusitified in the light of 9/11 because of said meetings? The war was part of the grand War on Terror and Saddam HAD to be tied into it. WMD alone weren't sufficient. Do yourself a favor and google some saddam 9/11. You'll see that the claim made is far from farfetched.
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by germanos View Post
      Fine. Did you google any others? I gave you a link to a article that one could view as fair and balanced since it was made well after the fact. At least it shows that the Bush administartion 'hinted' ("strong and overwhelming evidence") at an involvement, a claim that Cheney now(2009) has to refute. Have you forgotten about all the fuzz about Iraqi secret agents meeting with The Evil in Vienna (IIRC). Have you forgotten that the war was jusitified in the light of 9/11 because of said meetings? The war was part of the grand War on Terror and Saddam HAD to be tied into it. WMD alone weren't sufficient. Do yourself a favor and google some saddam 9/11. You'll see that the claim made is far from farfetched.
      I remember all the kerflulffle. I also remember the administration was scrupulous in making sure they never made the claim that Iraq had any involvement in 911. Hints and dire warning about what could have been or what could be in the future were it not for actions not withstanding.

What gets repeated is the cannard that such a statement was made and only those with weak minds falling prey to Darth Cheney mind tricks would fall in lock step with such an assertion.

Face it if such an assertion was made it would be easily and readily available especially considering the pathological hatred of Bush et. al.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

:shakehands:
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

according to Scott Ritter, the CIA et al were using the weapons inspectors to set Saddam up for assassination. The Iraqis figured that out and started restricting access to his palaces and hideouts. The Bu****s lied about that too... They lied about all sorts of stuff.

worst president evar! They would have hung the bastards 200 years ago... Obama ignores it all. They're all scum.

Comment

I also remember the administration was scrupulous in making sure they never made the claim that Iraq had any involvement in 911
            Oh, please. The implied connection was obvious. So obvious that IIRC something like 65% of the public believed Saddam was involved in 9/11 (that has since dropped, but still something like 1/4 or 1/3 believe it). That, in turn, amped up public support for the war. As if Cheney and friends didn't love it (all the while "scrupulously" avoiding claiming direct involvement).

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian View Post
              Oh, please. The implied connection was obvious. So obvious that IIRC something like 65% of the public believed Saddam was involved in 9/11 (that has since dropped, but still something like 1/4 or 1/3 believe it). That, in turn, amped up public support for the war. As if Cheney and friends didn't love it (all the while "scrupulously" avoiding claiming direct involvement).

-Arrian

I never claimed that the public was smart.

Anyone who has a modicum of sense could read between the lines. If they had evidence it would have been trumpetted as opposed to finessed.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

But the government counts on "the public" not being smart. So they don't even have to try to make a good case and they know people will believe. That's good propaganda.

Comment

The public isn't smart, but worse, after we've been lied to we sit around with our thumbs up our asses and do nothing about it.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Well that's because a lot of time when people do do something about it suddenly they're gone!

Comment

Bull****.

Comment

It's true man. The government really does "disappear" people. And not just since 9/11. It's been happening forever.

Comment

That's a cop out.

Comment

How is that a cop out? I have proof that the government does these things.

Comment

Working...
                            X