No announcement yet.

chemical free - first time in decades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thx... no, I barely ate veggies and fruits and fiber - too much meat and dairy, even the supposedly low fat milk I've been drinking has a bunch of fat.

I've been reading a book by some doc named Barnard who says diabetes can either be prevented or reversed (type 2) or at least dealt with much better (type 1) by eliminating fat from the diet - mostly animal and dairy, but nuts too. He says the research shows our cells store fat inside of them for instant fuel - an evolutionary response to the need for fuel when danger approaches and when food is lacking. But our modern diets (in NAmerica and Europe) have way too much fat and this results in more fat getting into cells. This makes it harder for insulin to deliver sugar from the blood into cells, so reducing the cellular fat increases insulin sensitivity. And since plants dont have cholesterol the heart and arteries etc benefit too.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
      thx... no, I barely ate veggies and fruits and fiber - too much meat and dairy, even the supposedly low fat milk I've been drinking has a bunch of fat.

I've been reading a book by some doc named Barnard who says diabetes can either be prevented or reversed (type 2) or at least dealt with much better (type 1) by eliminating fat from the diet - mostly animal and dairy, but nuts too. He says the research shows our cells store fat inside of them for instant fuel - an evolutionary response to the need for fuel when danger approaches and when food is lacking. But our modern diets (in NAmerica and Europe) have way too much fat and this results in more fat getting into cells. This makes it harder for insulin to deliver sugar from the blood into cells, so reducing the cellular fat increases insulin sensitivity. And since plants dont have cholesterol the heart and arteries etc benefit too.
      This is mostly bull****. There are other ways than going vegan to avoid diabetes.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

whats BS? Be specific... I dont wanna go vegan if it wont do me any good.

Comment

whats BS? Be specific... I dont wanna go vegan if it wont do me any good.
          His entire viewpoint is predicated on being vegan. There are many ways to skin a cat here; You could take up vigorous exercise and still eat dairy and meat. You could go low carb. You could eliminate processed carbohydrates and alcohol.

The other thing that's potentially harmful is not getting enough fats and it affecting vitamin absorption among other things. In addition to that, most low fat foods that are manufactured or processed make up for a lack of flavor (fat = flavor) by upping the sugar count.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
            There are many ways to skin a cat here...
            That would not be vegan.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              That would not be vegan.
              I think he'd be okay so long as he didn't eat the cat.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

and now I can get back to walking golf courses

we might hit 70 a week from today
                A nine-hole I take it?
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I think he meant the temperature. Unless he's planning to go on the PGA tour.
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                    His entire viewpoint is predicated on being vegan. There are many ways to skin a cat here; You could take up vigorous exercise and still eat dairy and meat. You could go low carb. You could eliminate processed carbohydrates and alcohol.

The other thing that's potentially harmful is not getting enough fats and it affecting vitamin absorption among other things. In addition to that, most low fat foods that are manufactured or processed make up for a lack of flavor (fat = flavor) by upping the sugar count.
                    His research (and others, like Dean Ornisch) doesn't support your argument, not for people who are diabetic or headed that way (pre-diabetic) anyway. He's talking about reversing it, not delaying it. And he's certainly not advising people to trade more sugar for animal fat - the whole point of the diet is to eliminate animal fat and reduce sugar so that cells give up their excess stored fat thereby allowing insulin to transfer sugar from the blood to cells. He doesn't care about carbs or calories, eat what you want (the increased fiber intake will fill you up), just eat the right foods. "Starving" cells of fat forces them to use up the excess fat being stored in them by a lousy diet, and switching from meat to chicken and fish doesn't help enough for many people. And the diet also reverses heart disease, etc... When you said that was mostly BS I thought you meant he was wrong about the benefits of a vegan diet, I'm glad that wasn't your point.

Comment

Jesus, I just made a huge meal to last me several days - veggie meat, beans, rice, all sorts of veggies - all cooked on the stove - and NO grease. Next to all my doings was a pan from the last time I fried up 4 pieces of chicken and half the pan was caked in yellow ****

no wonder we're seeing an epidemic of heart disease , cancer, diabetes, etc...

Comment

If I go to one of those places in which Beer flows out of a barrel and they have a mannequin of a fat bavarian what kind of beer should I ask for?

And I repeat the same question replacing bavarian with irishman

I am abstemious but not proud about it
                        I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                        X