No announcement yet.

Reagan on Mt. Rushmore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if Reagan was such a democrat, why the hell do you hate him so much?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      So if Reagan was such a democrat, why the hell do you hate him so much?
      Shoot, I like Nixon and he was a scumbag and a Republican. He also founded the EPA, "Went to China", at one point came perilously close to pushing a healthcare bill not unlike OBAMAcare, more or less took a hands off approach to the running of Vietnam and allowed an exit. And he expected the top wage earners to pay more into the pot. If you do enough good things than most sins can be forgiven.

The reason why Oerdin doesn't like Reagan is because of secret CIA slush funds to get around checks and balances in the Constitution, and bull**** trickle down economics. I am almost positive he mentioned this at some point in this thread.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Trickle down economics is a complete misnomer and is not a coherent economic concept. The idea is not that rich people's money "trickles down", it is that promoting wealth creation leads to wealth creation and that people change their spending and saving habits to minimize their taxes. It's not bull****.

Nixon was a ****ing terrible president, and if Watergate wasn't bad enough then price/wage controls and the EPA are.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The EPA is bad? Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            Trickle down economics is a complete misnomer and is not a coherent economic concept. The idea is not that rich people's money "trickles down", it is that promoting wealth creation leads to wealth creation and that people change their spending and saving habits to minimize their taxes. It's not bull****.
            Yeah, because if rich people save more money and pay less taxes that would be just great. Nevermind that there is no economic growth.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              What do you mean by "minimize taxes"? I'm guessing you meant to say that people's decisions are influenced by tax policies and you think that at the current tax rates the marginal impact of a tax increase on output is negative?

Comment

Central Square in downtown Krakow now bears the Reagan name.
                this is nonsense. i'm there right now and it's still the rynek.

Comment

Reganomics

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                    EDIT: Oh you were talking to HC.

Ignore him, he's a high school kiddie that goes to a special school for introverts in the richest county in the country. He thinks that he is well read and has life experience.
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• I've never liked Mt. Rushmore. We shouldn't honor any president by constructing monumental statues in their honor. They aren't the god-kings of antiquity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                        The reason why Oerdin doesn't like Reagan is because of secret CIA slush funds to get around checks and balances in the Constitution, and bull**** trickle down economics. I am almost positive he mentioned this at some point in this thread.
                        He also repeated his BS conspiracy theories about US Afghanistan policy in the 80s having something to do with AQ.. That's why you shouldn't take him seriously.
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                          Glad to have you back, Patty, but hopefully they didn't run you off from CFC for good and you can go back there soon.

The really funny thing is you can't counter any of the facts with a real argument and you just degenerate, as usual, to name calling. I think we all know exactly who here is unable to actually debate or back up their claims. Que Patty's usual "Nah Uh! I just don't feel like debating you because you're a (insert generic insult here)!"
                          I have been gone for a year and not only are you equally as predictable as you always were, I can still defeat you by just letting you rant stupidity as you did above..

What you should have done was admit your link between Reagan's policies in Afghanistan having anything at all to do with AQ, politically or militarily, is BS in part because:

1.) your insinuation that the arms used in the Afghan Civil War in the early 90s, let alone the Taliban and then AQ a decade later is patently ridiculous. All sides were armed with Soviet weapons. This was the case in the 80s too, during the height of US material support.

2.) The factions we supported in Afghanistan in the 80s were on the LOSING side of the Afghan Civil War.

In the future, why not just refrain from commenting on things you know nothing about. I know you think your "a butterfly flaps its wings" thing looks smart and all, but those of us who bothered to learn about this know you are just connecting random dots.
                          Last edited by Patroklos; February 11, 2011, 15:57.
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by onodera View Post
                            Why is the DoI important? I'd expect the writers of the Constitution to be more respected. Louisiana Purchase is a biggie, though. I didn't know it was attributed to the Potus himself, not to his SoS.
                            Okay, something a Russian might consider "ballsy"...okay, how about the first Barbary war??
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                              EDIT: Oh you were talking to HC.

Ignore him, he's a high school kiddie that goes to a special school for introverts in the richest county in the country. He thinks that he is well read and has life experience.
                              Seems somebody's butthurt that he didn't get in.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                                When it spends its time mandating absurdly low pollution concentrations ("No measurable quantity" and then no definition of measurable) and forces companies to close to protect some random inconsequential species of fish or weasel or what have you that no one gives a crap about then yeah, it's a bad thing. I'm not saying that I think dumping ****loads of mercury into rivers is okay.

Comment

Working...
                                X