Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Do you like UFC fighting, Asher?

What about if they did UFC fighting with weapons Roman gladiator-style?
    Why would I like UFC? It's a retarded sport.

UFC is a small subset of hockey.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      The stakes are higher? Not likely. If you win the Superbowl, you get to go to Disneyworld. If you win the Hockeybowl or whatever it's called, you get like a jock strap that belonged to some guy named Stanley, right?
      Lord Stanley's Cup is the most celebrated trophy in sporting history. Fact.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        The stakes are higher? Not likely. If you win the Superbowl, you get to go to Disneyworld. If you win the Hockeybowl or whatever it's called, you get like a jock strap that belonged to some guy named Stanley, right?
        The Stanley Cup.

Oldest professional trophy in North America,

Suck it.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
          Why would I like UFC? It's a retarded sport.

UFC is a small subset of hockey.
          Huh? You just said:

It's not celebrated because of the risk of serious injury. It's just a much tougher sport than football, and the stakes are higher.

It pushes the body to the limits much more.
          Isn't UFC tough? Doesn't it push the body to the limits the most? I mean they're literally fighting. Literally beating the **** out of each other in any way they can short of poking each other's eyes out.

If toughness is the be-all, end-all that determines a sport's value, shouldn't UFC be your favorite?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

What about if they did UFC fighting with weapons Roman gladiator-style?
            That would be awesome.

13!!
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

You can't tell how hard a hit is by looking at it which makes this whole hit comparison thing stupid unless people are wired up with devices a la SportsScience. That's why I didn't want to start putting up videos because they don't tell the story.
              Firstly, the comparison is between a NFL #1 draft pick and an amateur US rugby player (I'm guessing ALL US rugby players are amateurs ATM)...

Secondly, they get the rugby player to hit another human being. This isn't even a game situation - of course he's not going to go 100%...

Jammer, OTOH, gets to unleash on dummy...

You said yourself that the test parameters seemed weird. That's because they were completely bent and biased - like the programme makers had something to hide...

I mean, imagine having to admit that American football really is a pansy sport played by effete wimps after all...?
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Yep, as I guessed, no professional rugby players in the US...

Comment

• It's not as tough as rugby or hockey, but that doesn't make football a pansy sport. That's like saying people who aren't millionaires are poor.

Comment

• Well, they are.

I don't think football is a pansy sport either. I just think people like Alby need to keep it real.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      It's not as tough as rugby or hockey, but that doesn't make football a pansy sport.
                      True, but compared to rugby or hockey, it is...

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

You can't tell how hard a hit is by looking at it which makes this whole hit comparison thing stupid unless people are wired up with devices a la SportsScience. That's why I didn't want to start putting up videos because they don't tell the story.

For example, watch this hit. Doesn't look too bad, right? He's the one making the hit, not taking it. #85

Kevin Everett was paralyzed but fortunately can walk again but obviously is out of football. That hit was clean and doesn't look too bad but it destroyed his spine.
                          His head was down.
                          That was the first thing they taught us in football.
                          NEVER HIT WITH YOUR HEAD DOWN.
                          Hit with you face mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                            Dude, that was pathetic.

There's a bunch in this clip by Jonah Lomu that are worse than that and his victims weren't wearing any pads:

Jonah Lomu

I'm just imagining him on a pair of ice skates...
                            I have played that!!
                            We call it tackle the queer with the ball.
                            Hurts!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              Looks staged.
                              now that last fight looked real.
                              I do not know hockey but it looks like fun to watch.
                              More fun if they did not have skates on. lol
                              Sometimes the refs just stand and watch.
                              fascinating!

Comment

Working...
                              X