No announcement yet.

The day part of the Internet died: Egypt goes dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need that kind of measures when you're already monitoring emails and tapping phone records.
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

If only teabaggers defended themselves that vigorously when the largest welfare checks ever were issued during the meltdown.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

It isn't possible to monitor that many emails and phone calls Oncle.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

watching the al jazeera, the reporter in Alexandria is saying ' it seems ok, people are still walking around the street.' the live camera in Cairo has a dozen APC driving past and the sound of explosions
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Do you think al jazeera is reporting in an unbiased manner here? I cannot imagine how they could play down this situation, and it seems they are not. They give the impression that the rioting is very bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post
              watching the al jazeera, the reporter in Alexandria is saying ' it seems ok, people are still walking around the street.' the live camera in Cairo has a dozen APC driving past and the sound of explosions
              I loved the split screen shots of Cairo showing the riots on the left and the state TV signal on the right. You wouldn't know it was the same city.

Troops are just now being deployed in various cities "To enforce the curfew". Still waiting to see what they will do. I'm staying tuned.

AP says the Foreign Ministry is on fire as well.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post
                Do you think al jazeera is reporting in an unbiased manner here? I cannot imagine how they could play down this situation, and it seems they are not. They give the impression that the rioting is very bad.
                They alternate between "rioters" and "protesters". I don't know if they have an agenda.

Comment

Mubarak is going to make a statement soon.

Comment

from the journalist who has just been on....

I would hope that the army being made of conscripts would help both the protesters and the soldiers to understand that they are just the same people

Comment

From the video I'm watching it appears the army has refused to enforce the curfew and are not opposing the movement.

Stick a fork in him. Mubarak is done.

Comment

Army not shooting at civilians
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Mubarak Hussein Osama... I SEE A PATTERN HERE

Comment

this is getting very interesting. it seems that the protest movement is largely leaderless, so it makes you wonder who is going to come and fill the void if the regime crumbles (which is still a big if IMHO).
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

This would be a better discussion if it was contained to a single thread.

Comment

Trying to limit the organic spread of information

Comment

Working...
                                X