Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here enjoying watching Documentaries on History,Military or Engineering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been to the HK airport a number of times, you really don't get the feeling that it is any different from any other airport. Had you not just told me it was built out over the ocean, I would have never known.

Also like all those tech/engineering shows, but I'm an engineer so that should go without saying.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
      I've never been to Japan, but I've heard that their ****ter technology is years ahead of American best practices.
      my bad I was thinking of Korea and stated Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
        Anyone not interested in these just isn't a real Civ player IMO.

Done Eurostar several times, either with a car or as a foot passenger.

Almost did the Millau Viaduct one time but it was in the wrong direction.

I've not done the airports, but I did do the old HK Kai Tak airport where you're literally flying past the windows of skyscrapers as you're landing...
        Yeah, when I saw this it reminded me of the airport in Telgulciagalpa Honduras, the pilot said landing between the mountains there were as close to landing on an aircraft carrier
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

If you are looking for "interesting" airports, then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%A1gar_Airport is worth invetigation. Think that madeira is in same category.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
            Ancient Aliens pisses me off. These *******s seem to think that ancient people were really dumb and wouldn't know how to build a latrine without extraterrestrial assistance.
            where else you gonna see a documentary on ancient latrines?

check this link to some amazing latrines

http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_5.htm

damnit, copy and paste that if you wanna see it. WTF aint my browser highlighting that?

argh, **** it. I get nothing but BS whenever I try to post pics or links

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
              I've been to the HK airport a number of times, you really don't get the feeling that it is any different from any other airport. Had you not just told me it was built out over the ocean, I would have never known.

Also like all those tech/engineering shows, but I'm an engineer so that should go without saying.
              WTF!?!?!?!?

Were you comatose with a heavy bag over your head!? Imagine being in a 747 that's banking so sharply it feels like it's evading a missile - not to mention looking out the window and feeling you could almost reach out and touch some of the skyscrapers you're whizzing past whilst rapidly losing altitude!

I think you must be thinking of the new airport as Kai Tak has been closed almost 13 years.
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                WTF!?!?!?!?

Were you comatose with a heavy bag over your head!? Imagine being in a 747 that's banking so sharply it feels like it's evading a missile - not to mention looking out the window and feeling you could almost reach out and touch some of the skyscrapers you're whizzing past whilst rapidly losing altitude!

I think you must be thinking of the new airport as Kai Tak has been closed almost 13 years.
                WOW!
                they would have to clean my seat when they landed!

Comment

As Tupac raps, Narita airport in Tokyo isn't impressive to me. Hong Kong's airport is really nice and modern. Haven't been to Beijing's new terminal, but that is supposed to be just enormous.

My favorite airport terminal is right in my back yard -- the new terminal at Washington Reagan National Airport. Small, but really quite nice.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Beijing's airport is so big that you need to take a plane just to switch terminals.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

the new terminal at Washington Reagan National Airport.

Comment

Working...
                      X