Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here enjoying watching Documentaries on History,Military or Engineering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here enjoying watching Documentaries on History,Military or Engineering?

While recovering, I have enjoyed watching various documentaries. I used Netflix and watch shows in succescion, such as Extreme Engineering. While I understand the kneejerk reaction to a serious thread attempt would be a team derailment effort, on off chance all these intelligent posters here could chime in, I was wondering if anyone here had been through the Chunnel, or been to the Hong Kong or Tokyo Airports? So many extreme projects, I would love to see them in person. The French built a Miliau Viaduct? I probably mistyped name but was impressive how it was built.

It would be interesting to hear what engineering feats people here have seen.

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Channel Tunnel

I used to get the train from London to Lille every other weekend when my ex lived there. I haven't been on the Eurostar since the high speed section from Folkstone to London was complete though. Must do that sometime.

Comment

Yeah, I've been on a Eurostar to Brussels, never to Paris (actually, somehow, I have still never been to Paris), and I have used the car service countless times.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

History channel.
        Prob the best damn thing cable tv is worth paying for.

Comment

I once saw a dog try to hump a cat.

sorry

Yes i would love to be able to see some of these but I can only see them through film.

The great wall would be a humbling thing to see to me.

Comment

I like the ancient aliens series on the history channel, usually Thursday nights. But I'll watch stuff on the universe and earth sciences.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
              I like the ancient aliens series on the history channel, usually Thursday nights. But I'll watch stuff on the universe and earth sciences.
              Oh man, that stuff really gets one to thinking.

Comment

I have passed this several times :

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Don't you all get tired of WW2 documentaries?
                  I need a foot massage

Comment

Haven't watched many in years, but I didn't tire of the Battlefields series.

Comment

There was a WWIII tonight here that actually was quite interesting.
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
                        Don't you all get tired of WW2 documentaries?
                        never!!

To understand the present you have to understand the past.

Comment

Has anyone seen a series about Blunders of WW II?

Is pretty interesting

Im from New England, brother lived in Boston, in maybe early 70's went and saw the John Hancock building. I remember the problems they were having with wind and atomospheric pressures blowing or popping window panes out and were like extremely dangerous crashing below
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Have you seen the BBC series Seven Wonders of the Industrial World? There's also an old but still good scientific series called Ascent of Man, made again by BBC in 1973.
                            "Life is the only RPG you'll ever play, The religious want to be one with the moderator, the scientists want to hack the game, and the gamers want to do both."

Comment

Ancient Aliens pisses me off. These *******s seem to think that ancient people were really dumb and wouldn't know how to build a latrine without extraterrestrial assistance.
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X