Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here enjoying watching Documentaries on History,Military or Engineering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokyo Airports?

1. Which one?

2. Neither Narita nor Haneda is a particularly impressive feat of engineering.

3. You're probably thinking of Kansai International in Osaka.

4. Osaka is a completely different city than Tokyo.

5. FAIL.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
      Ancient Aliens pisses me off. These *******s seem to think that ancient people were really dumb and wouldn't know how to build a latrine without extraterrestrial assistance.
      That cannot to that today with modern tech.
      Ever been to Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
        Don't you all get tired of WW2 documentaries?
        The winning side never gets tired of glory.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
          Tokyo Airports?

1. Which one?

2. Neither Narita nor Haneda is a particularly impressive feat of engineering.

3. You're probably thinking of Kansai International in Osaka.

4. Osaka is a completely different city than Tokyo.

5. FAIL.
          Forgive me, Ill have to go back to check it out, but one airport Im thinking of is in Japan that was built in ocean and the same in the Season One episode for Hong Kong where airport was built 16 miles out in ocean, but can find its name, sorry
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
            Forgive me, Ill have to go back to check it out, but one airport Im thinking of is in Japan that was built in ocean and the same in the Season One episode for Hong Kong where airport was built 16 miles out in ocean, but can find its name, sorry
            oops..never mind..you allready knew.

Comment

one airport Im thinking of is in Japan that was built in ocean

That's Kansai International in Osaka.

Comment

Love it. Favorite stuff. Small kid is sort of forcing me to have a break on watching docs all the time.

But I like military, like all the old WWII stuff, they still somehow spin yet more documentaries out of that one, I really enjoy the Tank stuff that they've done, Battle Tanks or something like that. I like other military docs as well but then they have to be even older. I'd like to see a lot from WWI, that's such an interesting war that is also not so much talked about, even though it was so devastating and large scale.

I like history documentaries as well. Some engineering shows are pretty cool, I like extreme engineering for example. Basically, the only channels I pay for are Discovery-channels. There are many fascinating history documentaries out there... fascinating stuff. Makes the ancient times alive and the people in it, like another world....
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                  That cannot to that today with modern tech.
                  Ever been to Japan?
                  I've never been to Japan, but I've heard that their ****ter technology is years ahead of American best practices.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

They don't even have conventional toilets anymore; you just sit on a hovering seat and lasers vaporize your feces before it reaches the ground.

Comment

Lasers and testicles don't mix.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Japanese men don't have testicles.

Comment

And now we know what happened to them.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                            And now we know what happened to them.

Comment

I absolutely love the BBC documentaries, especially the Horizon ones. Of recent documentaries I've watched, the Behind Closed Doors series really got me.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
                                While recovering, I have enjoyed watching various documentaries. I used Netflix and watch shows in succescion, such as Extreme Engineering. While I understand the kneejerk reaction to a serious thread attempt would be a team derailment effort, on off chance all these intelligent posters here could chime in, I was wondering if anyone here had been through the Chunnel, or been to the Hong Kong or Tokyo Airports? So many extreme projects, I would love to see them in person. The French built a Miliau Viaduct? I probably mistyped name but was impressive how it was built.

It would be interesting to hear what engineering feats people here have seen.

Grandpa Troll
                                Anyone not interested in these just isn't a real Civ player IMO.

Done Eurostar several times, either with a car or as a foot passenger.

Almost did the Millau Viaduct one time but it was in the wrong direction.

I've not done the airports, but I did do the old HK Kai Tak airport where you're literally flying past the windows of skyscrapers as you're landing...
                                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                                X