No announcement yet.

The 2011 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don Shula Kicked the bucket, No points for anyone here.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I don't see that anywhere.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        I don't see that anywhere.
        http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2011/01/12/shula-to-play-on-summit-brokerage-team.html
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

From recruiting players to recruiting financial advisers, Hall of Fame football coach Don Shula has signed a sponsorship deal with the parent of Summit Brokerage.
          So you're just a troll. Silly me.

However, there really was a death announced.
          – 48 mins ago

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Actor David Nelson, the last surviving member of the wholesome television family portrayed in "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet," has died at age 74, his spokesman said.

Nelson died in Los Angeles on Tuesday of complications from colon cancer, his representative Dale Olson said.
          Last edited by SlowwHand; January 12, 2011, 21:12.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

So you're just a troll. Silly me.

However, there really was a death announced.
            He lost his soul and his mind. I declare him dead.

Comment

This is sucking.

Husband seeks control of ailing Etta James money
              "– 51 mins ago

RIVERSIDE, Calif. – Ailing R&B singer Etta James is gravely ill and her husband of 41 years is seeking a California court order to control more than $1 million of her money.

The 72-year-old singer is best known for the 1961 hit "At Last." Court documents show she lives in the Woodcrest area of Riverside County, has been diagnosed with dementia and is undergoing treatment for leukemia.

Beverly Hills Dr. Elaine James, who isn't related, says in court documents that the singer cannot sign her name and she needs help with feeding, dressing and hygiene.

The Riverside Press-Enterprise says a court hearing Friday will consider a bid by husband Artis Mills to control her finances.

She earlier gave power of attorney to sons Donto James and Sametto James, and Donto's wife Christy, in February 2008. Mills is challenging the power of attorney."

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

While we for our first selected celeb to join us, how about a little weirdness?

LOS ANGELES, CALIF.-Los Angeles police say actor Peter Fonda discovered a dead body in a car and they are investigating the death.

Sgt. Carlton Cook at the West Los Angeles Community Police Station says the “Easy Rider” actor called 911 on Wednesday after he spotted a car parked on the side of Sunset Boulevard. Cook says the 70-year-old Fonda is absolutely not a suspect but did not have any more details.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post

LOS ANGELES, CALIF.-Los Angeles police say actor Peter Fonda discovered a dead body in a car and they are investigating the death.

Sgt. Carlton Cook at the West Los Angeles Community Police Station says the “Easy Rider” actor called 911 on Wednesday after he spotted a car parked on the side of Sunset Boulevard. Cook says the 70-year-old Fonda is absolutely not a suspect but did not have any more details.
                    I smell noir movie in the making.

Comment

Surely this woman won't linger throughout the whole year.

LOS ANGELES – Doctors in Los Angeles say they have successfully amputated most of Zsa Zsa Gabor's right leg.

They say Friday's surgery at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center was successful and the 93-year-old "Moulin Rouge" and "Queen of Outer Space" star is recovering.

Gabor had an infection in her leg for several months and doctors tried using antibiotics to save the leg. She was hospitalized Jan. 2.

Publicist John Blanchette says the wound wouldn't heal, making the surgery necessary.

Gabor broke her hip and had replacement surgery in July, and has been hospitalized several times since for swelling in her legs and blood clots throughout her body.

Comment

either that, or she will just for spite.

how typical of a woman.
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post

Did he drive by on a motorcycle and shoot into it with a shotgun? Admittedly, it should have been a pickup truck...
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Just to point out - She's still worth full points despite her diminished mass.

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            Did he drive by on a motorcycle and shoot into it with a shotgun? Admittedly, it should have been a pickup truck...
                            I read one news report that ended with "The dead man was not a celeb".
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

One can only hope.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

She doesn't have a leg to stand on and will probably come up short.

Comment

Working...
                                X