Taco Bell Sexy on the Jersey Shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taco Bell Sexy on the Jersey Shore

Until recently, I was unaware of "Jersey Shore." I mean, sure, I'd heard the name, but I only knew it was a hit TV show on MTV. I don't watch TV. Then I visited The Onion a few days ago, and they had a gag profile of some creature named "Snooki." Imagine my horror to see what looked like the love child of an incubus and a Kardashian, this stunted creature with bulbous cheeks and a Nazca-skull "bump-it" hairdo. I went on Wikipedia to find out just who or what this being was. It seems Jersey Shore is one of those reality shows where young cretins act youthful and cretinous in a shared house, but it's totally different from the last fifty seasons of The Real World because they're all at least a little bit Italian. And I shook it off.

Then I opened up yesterday's WaPo and saw a picture of the full cast in the Weekend section. The same picture seen here. They're ALL Snooki! Not as Snooki as Snooki herself, but all of them, even the guys, partake of the Platonic form of Snookiness to some extent! I mean, the idea of these shows, as far as I know, is to get young, attractive people. They appear young, maybe a bit withered, but young. But the women, at least (can't speak for the guys) are NOT sexy. If anything, they are Taco Bell Sexy.

It's hard to explain Taco Bell Sexy. It's the mysterious appeal exuded by elaborately made-up shots of burritos in Taco Bell commercials. You get the sense that they pulled an all-nighter to make that food look yummy, but it still looks like what it is, a rancid pile of grease and grade-Q ingredients. And, at some level, you know that's what makes it attractive to people. The combined auras of foulness and fakeness pulls at their souls on a primal level.

Now, look at that shot again (if you can bear to; take your time). They're all unattractive, but the ugliness is compounded by a blinding flash of...in-authenticity. They don't look like plastic surgery, they just look like plastic, like everything about them is a lie.

Or am I overreacting? Is my knowledge that the show is about jackasses going out, doing stupid crap while drunk, and then acting offended and entitled when it all goes wrong--is that knowledge coloring my impression of these people? There will be a poll.

EDIT: Dangnabit, I didn't make the poll public!
    Yeah, I'd hit at least one of 'em (ie, sex)
    25.00%
    No, I'd like to hit all of them (ie, physical assault)
    25.00%
    You're understating it, if anything
    37.50%
    You're crazy, look at those sexy young singles!
    12.50%
    My banana just can't decide
    0.00%
    Last edited by Elok; January 1, 2011, 15:21.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

It's a right horror show: http://www.google.com/images?q=guidette

I thought the *****y(est) girl was alright but it's been a while I seen it.

Comment

That show is the worst thing on television.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

No.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The Dutch have similar show called Oh Oh Cherso. Look at the cast and weep:

"An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
              The girls don't look quite so rancid, IMO. Well, not the two on either end. Not gorgeous or anything, but not Lovecraftian like the Jersey Shore pic. But the guys look approximately equal in douchebaggery.
              1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
                Oh yeah they made one in Sweden too. I haven't seen it so can't compare:

I think I have you beat actually. Horrendous.

The girls look like transvestites and the guys like homos no offence to homos.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                  QFT!
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Taco Bell Sexy?

I googled the cast and got this picture:

yikes. Yeah. They're not attractive, especially not television attractive. Realistically, if you knew maybe one or two in real life, you'd probably say she's fairly attractive but not enough to be on television. On top of that, I think half the cast isn't even Italian. I think that Snooki chick is Hispanic.

Oh and it's hilarious how like every country in the world has their own version of this show.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                      I want to puke.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        The girls don't look quite so rancid, IMO. Well, not the two on either end. Not gorgeous or anything, but not Lovecraftian like the Jersey Shore pic. But the guys look approximately equal in douchebaggery.
                        The girl on the left is actually fairly attractive. The one on the right however, not quite. She's nicknamed herself 'Barbie' (the second guy on the right calls himself 'Sniper').

:vomit:
                        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

FIRE AT THE TACO BELL
                          APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

She looks classy...
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Okay, I have more data for the experiment, and I've been a little more rigorous in collection: I pulled up the image on a separate tab, without context, and asked my wife to comment on the attractiveness of the guys, or her general opinion of them. She took a while to respond, but said they looked "gooberish." She didn't say they looked plastic until I told her who they were, though. Sort of a mixed result.
                              1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                              X