Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to know you are so concerned
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hundreds of people have spent a cold night huddled in vehicles awaiting rescue along a snow-clogged stretch of highway in southwestern Ontario.

Police in Sarnia, Ont., said drifting snow and zero visibility had trapped about 300 people in some 360 vehicles since Monday on Highway 402 between Sarnia and County Road 22, about 30 kilometres east of the city.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Damn, those Canucks don't have a clue what to do when it snows...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

And they don't seem to be able to count very well neither.
          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
            And they don't seem to be able to count very well neither.
            Umm, no.

Some people took refuge in a nearby Tim's (abandoning their cars).

It's in the article.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Tim's, Canada's savior.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If there were a Tim's every 10kms or so there wouldn't be a problem.

Comment

I was out that way earlier yesterday (buying native smokes) and it wasn't so bad.

Glad I didn't leave it till late.

Comment

I don't know but I'm suddenly experiencing a tremendous craving for some cheap online cigars.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

News video - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1836766/

Comment

Comment

The military is using helicopters to rescue the stranded motorists.

Taking after Toronto...

Ontario, so sad...

Comment

Fortunately the village of Wyoming was nearby, so stranded folks were taken there for warming...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              The military is using helicopters to rescue the stranded motorists.

Taking after Toronto...

Ontario, so sad...
                              It's a notoriously bad stretch of highway. I know drivers that won't use it for just this reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X