Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone need some snow?

Come take what you need.

Snow accumulation is approaching record amounts, with 114 cm already recorded in Lucan and 90 cm or more in some parts of the city. By late Wednesday, when it’s all expected to end, some areas will have been covered by up to 140 cm.

A normal winter in London averages about 200 cm of snow.

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. London Free Press offers information on latest national and international events & more.

It will be nice to get all our snow for the year in by Christmas this year.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Suck it, London!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

INGERSOLL, Ont. - A massive pile-up of trucks, vans and cars caused a more than four-hour backup Wednesday on Hwy. 401 just west of Woodstock.

It was the worst road mayhem in one location from the snow storms that lashed the southwestern Ontario region this week.

Provincial police and other emergency services worked most of the day to clear the westbound lanes of the stretch of Canada's busiest highway.

Seventeen vehicles were damaged in the chain-reaction crash just before 11 a.m. during white-out conditions caused by a snow squall.

Three people were hurt, none with injuries considered life-threatening, said police.

One person had to be cut from a vehicle by firefighters.

Mangled snow-covered vehicles were strung out across the westbound lanes for about a kilometre.

As many as seven tractor-trailers and a cube van and passenger vehicles were part of the traffic snarl.

At least two tractor-trailers were seen towed from the area.

One truck tractor, being loaded on a wrecker, appeared seriously damaged.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I'll give you 7 cents USD per ton. Can you ship it? Naturally at your expense.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I offer 8 cents a ton home delivered. Maximum 50 tons.

Comment

Nope.

Cash and carry.

Comment

We had 30+ inches all along the East Coast of the US last February.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

So you're good then?

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                  So you're good then?
                  Well if it's anything like last year, it will come here as well, just not for a few months. Maybe we could borrow some of yours for now to have a 'White Christmas' and give you some fresh American snow in February? It would look nice along the Thames.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Alby regularly gets seven inches.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      Alby regularly gets seven inches.
                      Yeah that's about what I have. Maybe a little more or a little less depending on air pressure.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                          Come take what you need.

Snow accumulation is approaching record amounts, with 114 cm already recorded in Lucan and 90 cm or more in some parts of the city. By late Wednesday, when it’s all expected to end, some areas will have been covered by up to 140 cm.

A normal winter in London averages about 200 cm of snow.

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. London Free Press offers information on latest national and international events & more.

It will be nice to get all our snow for the year in by Christmas this year.
                          200 cm of snow ???

EDIT, or are talking about the very famous London, Canada
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

yes, we are talking about the most famous London in Canada
                            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

WhoTF gives a sh*t about the London in Canada?
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X