Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago? I don't get it.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I've never made a secret that I'm very straight-forward and honest to a fault and I always assume everyone around me is, as well, which has led to problems, obviously. Anything ulterior goes over my head always.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        Chicago? I don't get it.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I still don't get it, BlackCat. Is that some pop reference I don't know about?

Comment

Well, a little hint - you just had Woosh experience in this thread
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Why? Because Chicago is the Windy City? Please tell me that's not it, because, that would just make me pity you, BlackCat.

Comment

Bravo

Steven Weinberg

Comment

That was terrible, BlackCat. Really bad. I pity you and Denmark.

Comment

Yeah, I know, I'm bad - I shouldn't tease you in this way

Just can't resist

Steven Weinberg

Comment

You have failed the proud Danish race, BlackCat. The Halls of Odin have closed to you.

Comment

Eh, you is actually quite

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I have to admit, that Chicago thing was a rather vague allusion. I couldn't figure it, anyway.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            I have to admit, that Chicago thing was a rather vague allusion. I couldn't figure it, anyway.
                            Please translate the bolded .

I really thought it was common knowledge that Chicago was known as the Windy city - maybe it's something european.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

"I couldn't figure it, anyway" = "I didn't get it." I have heard of Chicago being called the windy city, but it's not exactly the first thing I think of when I hear about Chicago. When I read that, I wondered if maybe tourists from Chicago were known for being dense in Denmark.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

It was the "anyway" that confused me a bit - no problem. Yeah, Chicago are known for much more than the Windy thing, but I really can't find any that suit Al's current experience

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X