"The otter is still on the loose."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The British TV naturalist Terry Nutkins had two fingers bitten off by an attacking otter. They're strong buggers with a powerful bite.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Honey badgers. Check 'em out.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Honey Badgers are spawn of Satan. There was just an article on Cracked about a lot of these animals.

Go to 2:15.

As Cracked describes:

One particular honey badger got hungry, so he went to find a nice meal. Now, he could snuffle around in the dirt all night, looking for the safest food source, but that sounds hard, and it might take a while. So instead, he opts to piss all over the very concept of survival instincts, and just eats the first damn thing he comes across. Unfortunately, it happens to be a puff adder -- one of the deadliest snakes in the world.

The badger stumbles across the snake midway through its own meal, so what's a badger to do? Why, steal the food straight from the death-serpent's jaws, of course, and then sit down to eat the snake's stolen meal right in front of him, while he furiously spits and hisses. When the badger finishes the snake's dinner, he's still a bit peckish, so he walks right over to the still-furious snake and mauls it to death, sustaining multiple bites in the process. Ignoring the deadly poison coursing through his veins, the badger settles in and starts eating the puff adder. Tragically, a few minutes later, he collapses.

And so ends the story of this honey badger, who died as he lived, spitting in the face of mortalit- what's that? He's back up? Holy ****! Two hours pass, and the badger miraculously resurrects himself from apparent death! He's been given a second chance at life! A second chance to ...

Go right back and continue eating that snake.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

He's no longer on the loose. The otter has been found dead.

Floridians can once again venture outdoors.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Nutkins

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                He's no longer on the loose. The otter has been found dead.
                Aha. Rabies.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I was talking to a keeper at London Zoo once, and they really hate the otters. Vicious buggers. Randy too. I once watched all them having an almighty, squirming orgy.

Comment

I'm a little unnerved by your use of "watched" instead of "saw" there. I assume no video camera was involved?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Blah, Elok? What is wrong with watched? You can watch something. What does a Town Watch do? Saw implies it was quick and casual. Watch means Cort Haus was really into it. I bet he was. All those squirmy rodent-like bodies swarming over each other and humping. That's what you're into, Cort Haus, you sick Brit?
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Al, Elok manged to express in less than one line what you had to use three lines to do.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

oh. I thought he was taking issue with syntax. Went over my head clearly.

Comment

I'm seriously suspecting he doesn't have a grasp of anything beyond what's literally written.
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Bet that Al often feels that he lives in Chicago
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Not good at subtext? Sounds like an aspie to me...
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X