Forklift Truck Simulator 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One disabled poster abusing a more disabled poster
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Okay now people who never read the unedited OP are jumping on me. Seriously, my comment was not as terrible as certain people are making it seem. It was more inappropriate and snide than abusive.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It's the constant references you make to asperger's that's abusive. Especially when those who you're abusing have done more with their lives than you.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

wow. Indignation from the guy who routinely calls people retards.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

KH calls people retards for acting retarded, you however do it for diagnosis of a common disorder.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The word '******' has changed like 'idiot', 'moron', 'imbecile' and 'cretin' before it - all originally descriptions of specific mental disorders / conditions.

The Euphemism Treadmill sees all these words eventually become generic insults.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                wow. Indignation from the guy who routinely calls people retards.
                The difference is that none of the people I call "*****" or "retards" are technically retarded. Simply willfully ignorant.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The problem with you, alby, is that you somehow think that it's a great accomplishment to have gotten a bachelor's degree after having grown up poor.

It's not, and nobody is going to hand you everything you want for the rest of your life based on that.

IIRC you're a 26 year-old man. Get your **** together. It's been 4 years since your peers graduated. What have you done with that time?
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    Okay now people who never read the unedited OP are jumping on me. Seriously, my comment was not as terrible as certain people are making it seem. It was more inappropriate and snide than abusive.
                    If I were you, I'd take a moment to think about why it is I say those things in the first place. If you don't know why you say the things you say (and I'm getting that impression), that's a problem. And with that said, hey, you apologized, we can probably stop dogpiling on you and discuss the OP.

"Forklift simulator" doesn't sound all that fun to me, but then neither does "roll a bunch of random adhesive garbage around a suburb to form the largest possible wad of crap," and apparently some Japanese company made a very addictive game out of that. Never played it, but so I'm told. And "DJ Hero" just sounds idiotic to me, but I assume they're selling at least a few units.

On the flip-side, there's MMOs. Explore a gigantic, immersive fantasy environment, populated by thousands as a wizard, warrior, archer, thief, etc. Then you play it and realize you're mostly just killing the same respawning giant Ewoks a hundred times over to gain favor with some other faction of giant Ewoks. At least, that's what I gained from watching my old college roommate play WoW. Maybe it's actually triple-layered, where it initially sounds awesome, then looks stupid and tedious, but when you play it it's really awesome after all.

Garden simulator--I'd rather just grow the garden and get fresh food out of it. But I can see how that could be potentially sort-of charming. No dumber than The Sims, at least. Either way you're watching electronic components interact with minimal input. I do wonder: if you plant mint in the garden simulator, does it cackle maniacally and set out on a genocidal campaign to destroy all the other plants in the garden like it does in real life?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

it's a lot like a really old episode of the Simpsons where Bart and Lisa didn't want to do yard-work but when they went to some convention thing later in the episode, were excited to play Virtual Reality Yard-Work.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        I do wonder: if you plant mint in the garden simulator, does it cackle maniacally and set out on a genocidal campaign to destroy all the other plants in the garden like it does in real life?
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

The hypocrisy on this forum is awesome

Comment

What hypocrisy?
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

KH (and Drake) call me an Aspie all the time as an insult. No one minds. (Honestly, not even myself... except now that he's gone all high and mighty about such things it's worth bringing up.) Now KH is championing the cause of not insulting peole based on psychological disorders, and all the usual suspects are dogpiling on.

Sorta like KH insults essentially everyone in Lancer's family (not my family yet, though that's more just a technicality), with the dogpile joining in. Then gets pissy when Sloww does similar to him, same people, same dogpile the other way.

Awesome

Comment

KH (and Drake) call me an Aspie all the time as an insult. No one minds. (Honestly, not even myself... except now that he's gone all high and mighty about such things it's worth bringing up.) Now KH is championing the cause of not insulting peole based on psychological disorders, and all the usual suspects are dogpiling on.

Sorta like KH insults essentially everyone in Lancer's family (not my family yet, though that's more just a technicality), with the dogpile joining in. Then gets pissy when Sloww does similar to him, same people, same dogpile the other way.

Awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X