No announcement yet.

**** virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $57k? Is that in the Ghetto? I didn't think houses were that cheap outside of Missouri?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• If you click the link, you can see pictures of the interior (it is NOT a fixer) and there's a google streetview thing (click map & nearby and then go to street view) so you can check out the block. Depends what you consider ghetto (okay, it is but it's not bad and doesn't look very bad). I live on this street but the next block down (2200 block; this is 2300 block)

I posted the link in the **** virginia thread with average sales prices of Philly homes. Most neighborhoods in Philly have average home prices of under $100K or under $100/square foot. The homes you might like... on the side shows other homes. Check out those prices.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• But you wouldn't want to raise kids there...

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
          Maybe we should have a "how expensive is your home per square foot?" thread.
          I pay 5$ per sq ft monthly rent
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
            But you wouldn't want to raise kids there...

JM
            Am I raising kids? I'm just showing Asher that housing is not very expensive. One thing I wonder though is cities are usually uniformly more expensive than rural areas so I imagine in small towns and the country, you can buy a house for a pittance, although the houses would be larger out there.

If you're single with no kids... why would anyone pay nearly $1500/month. Sounds like they're getting fleeced. Asher.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Am I raising kids? I'm just showing Asher that housing is not very expensive. One thing I wonder though is cities are usually uniformly more expensive than rural areas so I imagine in small towns and the country, you can buy a house for a pittance, although the houses would be larger out there.
              That's because your city is ****.

A ~1200 sq foot house here is something like $300,000.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                That's because your city is ****.

A ~1200 sq foot house here is something like $300,000.
                In Calgary? How is that possible? Isn't it country? Aren't cities supposed to be more expensive?

Comment

• Does it seem odd to anyone else that, using the example $57K 1,100 square foot home, the property taxes are $1632/year or am I reading that wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    In Calgary? How is that possible? Isn't it country? Aren't cities supposed to be more expensive?
                    WTF? "Isn't it country"?
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• country... rural... English, do you speak it mother****er?

Comment

• Are you saying a city of a million people is "rural"?

Comment

• Obviously the difference in home prices indicates Calgary is a far, far, far more desirable place to live than Philadelphia.

Comment

Are you saying a city of a million people is "rural"?
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Are you saying a city of a million people is "rural"?
                              I don't know what Calgary looks like but considering...

Calgary:
                              - Density 1,360.2/km2 (3,522.9/sq mi)
                              Philly:
                              - Density 4,405.4/km2 (11,457/sq mi)
                              Yes, you live in the boondocks with open plains and farmland.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                                I pay 5$ per sq ft monthly rent
                                Really? My girlfriend and I pay $1.55/sq ft/month.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X