**** virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher View Post

Yeah, there's a surprise. Sexually repressed Texans enjoy watching lesbians.
    I gotta say, most straight men enjoy watching lesbians.

Comment

• Wow really... so Catholics have to go to Catholic schools and can't attend public schools? And your tax dollars, if you're Catholic, go to funding Catholic schools? Catholic schools receive tax dollars?

Sure have a crazy system.

I see this though. I assume 0.0058734% was a typo with the % sign so 0.587% actually.

Why do we pay so much more in taxes?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• That rate is levied on basically worthless property, as you pointed out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
          That rate is levied on basically worthless property, as you pointed out.
          Note the suburban areas with more valuable housing. How is it that Calgary gets away with .5% property tax rate and suburbanites pay 1-3%?

Is this like how PA has a state income tax and PA is hundreds of millions of dollars in debt but Texas has a surplus without any state income tax? That one puzzled me.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Wow really... so Catholics have to go to Catholic schools and can't attend public schools? And your tax dollars, if you're Catholic, go to funding Catholic schools? Catholic schools receive tax dollars?

Sure have a crazy system.

I see this though. I assume 0.0058734% was a typo with the % sign so 0.587% actually.

Why do we pay so much more in taxes?
            No. It was most certainly not a typo.

I copy and pasted it directly from the official city cite, and I can confirm those property tax rates as what we've paid...

Yes, you pay out the ass in taxes in the US. I don't understand the perception that the US has low taxes compared to Canada. Virtually everywhere I would move in the US, I'd pay more income tax...not to mention more property tax, having to pay for health insurance (directly or indirectly). It's a crazy country, and you guys are brainwashed.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Note the suburban areas with more valuable housing. How is it that Calgary gets away with .5% property tax rate and suburbanites pay 1-3%?
              0.05%! Seriously.

Current tax rates:
              http://www.calgary.ca/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_0_784_203_0_43/http;/content.calgary.ca/CCA/City+Hall/Business+Units/Finance+and+Supply/Property+Tax/Tax+Bill+and+Tax+Rate+Calculation/Current+Property+Tax+Rates.htm
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I think you're messing up your math, Asher. You said a $57K house would pay $334 per year... 334 would be 0.5+% of 57K, not 0.05%. You're not moving the decimal properly when you multiply by a percent.

Comment

Wow really... so Catholics have to go to Catholic schools and can't attend public schools? And your tax dollars, if you're Catholic, go to funding Catholic schools? Catholic schools receive tax dollars?
                  Catholic schools receive tax dollars from Catholics who pay taxes, yes.

They can attend "public" schools but only by getting the school boards to agree to the transfer. This is an Alberta-specific rule. In Ontario the parents can simply choose which ones they want their children to attend.

Alberta is more rigorous in our religion quarantine procedures.

Comment

I think you're messing up your math, Asher. You said a $57K house would pay $334 per year... 334 would be 0.5+% of 57K, not 0.05%. You're not moving the decimal properly when you multiply by a percent.
                    Okay, I see the confusion.

It's 0.0058734 * 57000 to get the value of the property tax. So yes, it's 0.5%.

Comment

• Still 0.5% and suburbanites in nice areas outside the city pay at least 1.3% plus we pay PA state income tax, county income tax, sales tax (8% in Philly), etc. just in local taxes. Do Canadians?

Also, still waiting for those stats, KH. I want to see where 30% came from.

Comment

• KH?

Comment

• . I can't do arithmetic
                          Last edited by Kuciwalker; November 4, 2010, 14:50.

Comment

• No...
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Still 0.5% and suburbanites in nice areas outside the city pay at least 1.3% plus we pay PA state income tax, county income tax, sales tax (8% in Philly), etc. just in local taxes. Do Canadians?

Also, still waiting for those stats, KH. I want to see where 30% came from.
                              a) moron, unlike you I have a job. I'm not going to provide you with a full breakdown while I'm busy making money
                              b) I already explained that the city of Calgary includes surrounding suburbs AND EVEN undeveloped land. Strip those out and see what you get.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Do you lack reading comprehension skills?

Let's take a look...

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                Area this time:

Calgary:

Philly:

Philly metro area has 2.3x the area and 3.25x the population density

And you say you're not rural!

Asher, would you describe your next door neighbor as 'over yonder'?

Are you a ******? A difference of 30% takes you to rural?

So you kept calling me a ****** and all then blabbered about amalgamation.

I think I know what happened. I think genius you didn't read the word density and thought I said 2.3x the area and 3.25x the POPULATION and NOT the population DENSITY.

In that case, if Philly had 2.3x the area and 3.25x the population, it would have 1.41x the population density... Calgary's population density would be 70.9% of Philly's fake density in this case so, about a 30% difference.

So the question would be... After how many times of calling me a ****** did you catch your mistake? Was it the 3rd or the 4th time of calling me a ******? I assume it was before you started vaguely blabbering about amalgamation and me being clueless about Canadian municipal history in your pathetic attempt to save face. Why didn't you just admit you failed to read properly and you were wrong to call someone a ****** repeatedly when you were the one showing your ass?

Comment

Working...
                                X