Are You A Rebel or A Yankee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You A Rebel or A Yankee?

To find out how much Southern blood your speech shows, simply choose the words you use below, then press "Compute My Score!" at the end. alphaDictionary will compute your score and tell you where you're coming from: are y'all speaking Bubbaese or are youse guys Yankee Doodle Dandies? The higher your score, the deeper from the South you are coming.
    The Rebel or Dixie-Yankee Test that tells you how much your speech is influenced by where you are from.

96% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

People in Philly say Creek like Crick, Caramel as Carmel, and Youse. I don't do that uneducated ****. Kind of puzzled by how Youse is listed as New York. New Yorkers don't say Youse. Philly people say Youse. And a lot of them are screwy like TP'ing someone's house being listed as Midwest when everybody here calls it that.

I'm a little surprised there's other terms for Mischief Night. Cabbage Night? WTF?! Never imagined it being called anything else.

Anyway, as can be expected... 38% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

Makes since. I've been known to get hard when I think about Sherman's March.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

34% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

And obviously it is Devil's Night.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Duh:

20% Dixie. Wow! You are a Duke of Yankeedom!
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I took the second 'advanced' test. The water question is screwy. It asks how do people around you pronounce water (not how I pronounce water for some reason)... but it doesn't include 'wooder'. Then the rest of the questions are kind of dumb with their little joke answers and stuff.

On that one, I got:
          13% Dixie. Wow! You are a Duke of Yankeedom!
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
            34% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

And obviously it is Devil's Night.
            What the **** is Devil's Night? Never heard that in my life. It's only Mischief Night.

Comment

50%
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Oh and Sloww, these 'rebels' were Un-American terrorists who should have all been executed for their crimes against the State and the American people.

Comment

43% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

I've never heard of the night before Halloween being anything. Obviously this kind of stuff belongs to superstitious yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
                    43% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

I've never heard of the night before Halloween being anything. Obviously this kind of stuff belongs to superstitious yankees.
                    No. It's when mischievous kids run around and TP houses at best and jump and rob people at worst.

Comment

35% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

Some of the answers to questions are hilarious though
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

~50%

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          35% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.
                          Mischief Night, right? Not this 'Devil's Night' crap.

Comment

I never heard of any of those terms about the night before Halloween.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                              I never heard of any of those terms about the night before Halloween.
                              So you're saying that kids don't break the law out the ass the night before Halloween? Philly PD have to lock down the streets and impose the curfew... well, even more so than the normal curfew.

I've seen Dallas, Sloww. I've seen the video DocFeelGood posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X