Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really, Army? Really? This is Army Strong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That isn't even remotely representative and he's probably some fat **** in the IRR who got recalled involuntarily during the Bush years. This would be like me pointing out how many Marines are fags. You peter puffers.
    Last edited by Dinner; July 30, 2010, 00:58.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Can't believe anyone in here is trying to argue that the marines are softer than the other branches... It is internationally known that USMC = badass version of the army, always deployed first when **** hits the fan.

Or as some navy man said in here a few years ago, "The few. The proud. The cannon fodder"

On-topic: They've got to be trolling the politicians with the "no yelling in basic"-rule. No way it'll work in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
        Can't believe anyone in here is trying to argue that the marines are softer than the other branches... It is internationally known that USMC = badass version of the army, always deployed first when **** hits the fan.
        VJ

I know what it is anyway. Army always likes to talk **** about the Marine Corps. Oerdin and Lonestar aren't saying anything new. You know, VJ, there have many half a dozen attempts in US history going back to the end of the Revolutionary War and most notably just after WW2 to dismantle the Marine Corps. It's nothing new.

Army's just jealous

On-topic: They've got to be trolling the politicians with the "no yelling in basic"-rule. No way it'll work in real life.
        Yeah it's absurd. If Army Drill Sergeants are anything like Marine Drill Instructors, there's no way that they'll follow that rule.

It's not just about tradition and discipline; like I said earlier, my understanding that part of the logic of it is that it is a big part of the 'controlled chaos' that boot camp is all about. Not only is it designed to humble the recruit, make things seem out of his control, etc. but also stress him and train him to operate under stress and a lot of external 'noise'. Also, my Drill Instructors always said that we had to sound off always because otherwise, how are the men going to hear us in the middle of combat when rounds are being fired?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          Hey let's get some facts clear, shall we?

When was the US Army Air Service established?
          Pershing had his own air detachment in Mexico, and McClelan used Ballons during the Peninsular campaign...point?

This doesn't detract from the USMC deciding that it needs to do a lot of self-replicating with a heavy emphasis on "special" systems because...they are Marines and special. Marine aviation was just fine before the Harrier, they don't need a STOVL aircraft so they can have their own aircraft carriers. For that matter I strongly doubt they need their own independent aviation today at ALL, since there is nothing Marine aviators can do that USN/USAF aviation can't.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

The US should just merge all the branches, a la the Canadian Forces.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
              Joint Chiefs and Dept. of Defense.

The Canadian Forces aren't merged either:

This singular institution consists of three main branches: Maritime Command (MARCOM), Land Force Command (LFC), and Air Command (AIRCOM),

And holy **** the Canadian Army is tiny. Land Force Command has 19,500 personnel! The freaking US Coast Guard is more than twice as big as the entire Canadian Army!
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yup
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post

Will he take the bait?
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Ametures talk tactics, profesionals talk logistics.

The marines exsist not because they have special training, or tactics. They blow **** up just like the army, for less cash. The navy is resposible for marine logistics, therefore every marine is a trigger puller. They dont need quartermaster seargents, corpsmen, delivery drivers, etc...

Because the navy supplies them from boats, they can be more rapidly deployed in a hot spot without having to fly in all that damned army equipment. The army can work alone for longer, and that's what makes them different.
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Working...
                    X