Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite landmark in the city in which you live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favourite landmark in the city in which you live?

Or, if you've lived in (not just visited) another city (other cities), what was (were) your favourite landmark(s) there?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Toronto: The biggest **** in the world for the city filled with the most dicks
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 22, 2010, 02:21.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I like the Cathedral in Uppsala.

I don't think Mill City had a landmark, maybe the Santiam river?

Do I count College Park or Washington DC?

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

For me,

New York: the bull at Bowling Green
          Montreal: the lookout on Mount Royal from the chalet just north of McGill (northeast edge of the park)
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

photos

Last edited by KrazyHorse; July 22, 2010, 02:20.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Strictly speaking, it's a little to the South and West of where I lvie.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

And of course, the murals... there are hundreds upon hundreds of these throughout the city...

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'm guessing that albie is posting a bunch of philly **** that nobody cares about
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yes. I think he's posting philly park jobs again. YES, PEOPLE CANNOT PARK IN PHILLY.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That's very cool, Alby.

Old Red Courthouse, built in 1891. Reunion Tower is in the background. The West End is...across the street.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Battersea power station.

the view from Waterloo bridge. I dont think any pictures can do it justice, theres just too much to take in. Day and night give totally different views.

Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

A power station is your favorite landmark in London?

Comment

My rule for London is that no matter how big you think St Paul's is, it is twice as big as that.

That and the British Museum were my favourite things there (that I saw)

Any other suggestions for **** to see/do?
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

My train into town goes past the power station, on that bridge in the picture, so i get to see it every time I come to town. I really like the Tate modern too, I guess im just weird like that

Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Working...
                              X