I have four hours to live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life of Brian
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
      I'm honestly surprised my DL hasn't been caught and banned yet considering we have similar names, post in the same threads and have many other similarities among us. I guess we're (I'm) just too anonymous to be a nuisance to anyone.
      i always thought that poster was a bit suspect. but i notice that 'he' often has typos in 'his' posts. a dl for when you're drunk?
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Given the non-existent amount of "damage" a DL can cause compared to the not-insignificant amount of damage that an admin can cause by randomly banning supposed DL's, it's pretty clear that the policy of banning DL's is overwhelmingly retarded.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

My 2 Cents on the DL thing: on a site with in game currency like WoW or EvE or whatever DL's are bad because they can do unfair trading and other sneaky workarounds. Ive even seen some older Online RPG's use them as XP farms or whatever. In ForumWarz you can use them to trade lots of money between your illegal alts through the item auction feature. The examples can go on and on.

But for a forum like Poly that has no such in-game features, i feel the DL thing is just a fossil rule left over from DanQ's "family friendly" days. I bet nobody including The Planet (our host) or other site members cares about DL's except Plomp. Back in my drug addled, alcoholic, psychotic, e-rAEG days I would have even made a DL of my own if they were "legal" here, but now i have become so lazy and complacent even putting thought into my OWN posts takes painful effort which i need at least 2-3 hours of recovery time to get my energy back in between.

So stop living by DanQ's old rules, I say, let the DL's be free. We have no site features to break, our traffic would likely increase, and some funny times will be had for all.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I'm not even a DL to begin with and I still get banned on the suspicion that I am.

Comment

You're a TL now.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

While I still have the time, then, I want you all to know I'm gay.

Comment

I'm straight and am seeing a girl and can run a 7 minute mile. Best shape of my life. Don't smoke anymore, never did and I floss twice a day in front of a mirror. For what it's worth I also don't even have much need for my security system because I got a new maid service that actually speaks English. let's not call me a racist please. It's a normal security system and isn't tied to automated defense turrets or anything. I can also do 45 pushups in 2 minutes now, which is pretty good considering I have a gym membership I never use. :angrymad:
                    Last edited by Wiglaf; July 1, 2010, 03:13. Reason: I'm not gay

Comment

• (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Kitschum en vez, aparentemente no es nativo. Es un DL de Asher, ahórcenle ya!
                          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                            Given the non-existent amount of "damage" a DL can cause compared to the not-insignificant amount of damage that an admin can cause by randomly banning supposed DL's, it's pretty clear that the policy of banning DL's is overwhelmingly retarded.

Comment

• I am proDL

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Note in EVE most serious people have many logins and DLs are definitely encouraged by game mechanics and the metagame.

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X