No announcement yet.

Gay workers to get family leave (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much survives the Beniverse with its simplicity intact. I halfway expect him to conclude that, as compensation for this attack on their very way of life, Obama is legally bound to pay off the mortgage of every straight, married couple in America.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      So how many mommies does she have? One, two, or three?
      ur stoopid
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
        Not much survives the Beniverse with its simplicity intact. I halfway expect him to conclude that, as compensation for this attack on their very way of life, Obama is legally bound to pay off the mortgage of every straight, married couple in America.
        I feel like the Beniverse would make a good setting for a Twilight Zone episode.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• No. There's plenty of worthless crap on television already.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
            No. There's plenty of worthless crap on television already.
            True-- much better to enjoy other diversions like sex-- something never experienced in the Beniverse
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              I feel like the Beniverse would make a good setting for a Twilight Zone episode.
              The hard part is finding a writer talented enough to accurately depict the Beniverse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
                The hard part is finding a writer talented enough to accurately depict the Beniverse.
                BK himself would have to write it-- but from what I hear Asher citing, a TV network may not be able to afford him
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Yeah, but they'd have to convince BK the Twilight Zone was a documentary. The network may be able to get around paying him by saying it's to fight the gay menace.

Comment

• Better yet, offer him an eight year old boy.

Comment

• I can't think of an eight year old boy I dislike that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                        BK himself would have to write it-- but from what I hear Asher citing, a TV network may not be able to afford him
                        And maybe BK can get paid by the hour to write.

Comment

• Then you can get paid by the hour to tell them what shelf it's on.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Find it yourself, you lazy bastard.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                              Ogie Oglethorpe, yes I been a manager for a long time and understand the consequences when an employee is out, BUT since it's UNPAID, people aren't jumping up and down to take advantage of it. There's usually quite a compelling reason. If the employee is good, and is having that type of issues, I'm usually quite sympathetic and want to support them however I can. And the one great thing about this law is that allows you too.

If it's a marginal employee it allows me to make alternate arrangements while the person is out why they're still willing to answer questions. The law says nothing about protecting their job once they're back. Proving that I didn't need them while they were gone is the start of good documentation for a RIF.

I remember one of my marginal employees pulling every freakin trick in the book. I wanted to fire his ass for almost 6 months as he played one trick after the other to avoid the inevtiable. Meanwhile all my other workers were getting royally screwed covering for him. I couldn't eliminate his position/job as we were short staffed in any event. Eventually I got him on a fitness for duty and was able to hire a good and dependable employee.

I have no issue working with folks as long as they don't try to scam the employer.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• I hate (and try to get rid of) those that know the employee handbook by heart and use it to abuse things right up to the limit. (Like your employee) Where you'd put them on probation and give them 60 days to reach a specific performance goal and they hit it exactly on day 60. Or back when we had sick days instead of personal days, and the day an old sick day dropped off due to the rolling year, they'd take a new sick day.
                                I know employees have to be protected sometimes from vindictive bosses but it can get out of hand.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X