$1.2 Billion for bike paths...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
    Don't you start too. I've had it with this ****.

If we wanted sanity, we wouldn't be looking for people's opinions online.
    Next thing you will accuse me of being sane and rational
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
      I don't even know how to ride a bike!
      No bike, no sex? I thought you were like 8 years behind on the virginity thing but it seems you're actually 21 years behind...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I don't ride a bike... in fact, I don't even know how to ride a bike! I walk, run, and use public transit everywhere I need to go. But is it really that dangerous to use a street? If you're perceptive and cycling against oncoming traffic, I don't imagine you'd have any problems. I often run in the street in fact, because pavement is softer than the concrete used for sidewalks.
        Cycling AGAINST oncoming traffic violates all traffic laws

residential streets are not the problem-- its usually the busy city streets in the downtown (you know--the place people commute to) that can get you hurt or kiilled-- Intersections, no shoulder and a LOT of cars about
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

It would seem safer... you can see oncoming traffic before it gets to you as opposed to cycling with traffic and getting rearended.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It would seem safer... you can see oncoming traffic before it gets to you as opposed to cycling with traffic and getting rearended.

Oh jesus, I really hope this is just you having a sense of humour.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

What? I don't bicycle or drive so I'm like an outsider looking in... but it makes sense to me. How is it not safer that way? You can see the cars that could possibly hit you.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                I know. I'm ruining a thread that had a few nicely constructed cross-trolls. But believe it or not, I'm such a dull individual that this topic is interesting to me.
                Ditto -- If you cycle, you are interested in bike paths usually

Comment

What? I don't bicycle or drive so I'm like an outsider looking in... but it makes sense to me. How is it not safer that way? You can see the cars that could possibly hit you.
                  I love your logic.

Why don't cars drive in oncoming traffic also?

Comment

Honest question: Bike paths are intra-city. Why is any federal money spent on this at all?

Comment

Wait, filosofy conundrum

If everyone is driving into oncoming traffic, how does one define oncoming traffic?

This is why, by the way, Speer...because it breaks ****ing rules like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
                        I love your logic.

Why don't cars drive in oncoming traffic also?
                        Umm... what does that have to do with what I said? Cars have their own lanes. I'm talking about a bike riding in the street without its own lane.

Comment

Wow I hope you are joking-- In case you are not

1. You way- every intersection is crazy as cars have to be looking for me going the wrong way in a vehicle lane

2. On flat downtown streets I am frequently doing 30km/h as an average speed and am often doing 40-- the speed limit is 50-- Your way I am closing on oncoming traffic at about 80-90. The right way they are overtaking at a relative speed of 20-30. The head-on crash kills me-- a bump from behind probably won't depending what I hit.

3. The right way they can see my signals, everone goes through an intersection the same way-- I can overtake rush hour traffic

etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                            Honest question: Bike paths are intra-city. Why is any federal money spent on this at all?
                            I agree with this. Well, at least they are intra-state most of the time.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

What is inherently unsafe about riding a bike against traffic relative to riding a bike with traffic? When you ride with traffic, you can get rearended because you don't see the cars that are dangerous to you. Riding against traffic, both the driver and the bike rider can see each other and the bike rider can swerve away.

Comment

On a public street, the law is that bicyclists ride in single file next to the curb.
                                When they ride in a group, taking up the lane, that's rude. You, get over it.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X