Are there any children on Apolyton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghaladh View Post
    I hope that at least you made backup copies of what you have downloaded, Sir Og. If treated properly, a DVD is ways more durable than a hard-disk, IMHO. I am right in the middle between old-fashioned customers who prefer a material support for what they buy and future-oriented buyers who prefer to have less encumbrance on their shelves. I still have doubts about which method is the most functional, though.

Edit: is not much of a support you are giving to "the people who make this kind of games", if you take into your consideration so candidly the possibility to play a pirated version of the game...
    You can download from Steam whenever you want.

And I know a number of people who buy games, but installed the cracked version so they don't have to get a disk.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      [...]I know a number of people who buy games, but installed the cracked version so they don't have to get a disk.JM
      If this is what he meant, well, I see no evil in that.
      The destination doesn't matter. What's important is the journey.

Comment

I hope that at least you made backup copies of what you have downloaded, Sir Og. If treated properly, a DVD is ways more durable than a hard-disk, IMHO. I am right in the middle between old-fashioned customers who prefer a material support for what they buy and future-oriented buyers who prefer to have less encumbrance on their shelves. I still have doubts about which method is the most functional, though.

Edit: is not much of a support you are giving to "the people who make this kind of games", if you take into your consideration so candidly the possibility to play a pirated version of the game...
        You can back up steam games on DVD if you wish, whether you downloaded them or bought the disc yourself.

Comment

I don't have a lot of important stuff that needs to be backed up.
          At work I still use DVDs to back files up. (but I still hate them )

I really see no problem with playing the pirated version of a game that I have paid for. The net result is the same the company has my money and I am playing the game.
          Quendelie axan!

Comment

Re OP:
            There was "b etor" a 16 yo girl that stuck arond the OT for a year or two.
            Last thing I heard was that se was going to try to drink a gallon of milk in one sitting. I hope she survived...
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og View Post
              Re OP:
              Last thing I heard was that se was going to try to drink a gallon of milk in one sitting. I hope she survived...
              She was an undercover FBI agent that left when her cover identity aged enough to go to college.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

gallon of milk in one sitting? Oh man...

It's GOMAD (Gallon of Milk a Day), not one sitting! Jesus!

Stronglifts helps you get stronger, build muscle and improve your fitness. Discover our training program, exercise guides and weightlifting app.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
                  gallon of milk in one sitting? Oh man...

It's GOMAD (Gallon of Milk a Day), not one sitting! Jesus!

http://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-sq...n-gain-weight/
                  The one sitting thing is merely a challenge of not puking it all back up.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I thought this was the funniest thing in the world when it was on MadTV many years ago.

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Seeker View Post
                      b) Some idiot who just couldn't comprehend the idea of cities on mountaintops. I think we eventually educated him.
                      That would have been Alexander's Horse, he always *****ed about it being unfair since they were too hard to conquer and he always said, who would build a city on a mountain?
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Who would build a city on a mountain besides the crazy Swiss and Tibetans?

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post

So are there any new kids (besides HC) on here or is Apolyton just getting older and older like a European country?
                          If we go by purely age, there are no children on here - unless you count teenagers.

If we go by maturity, then we have a hugh number of "children."
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Giving a more serious answer as to why there are no children here... I think it has a lot to do with a decline in PC gaming over the years, especially in strategy gaming. Sure there will be Civilization 5 but there has yet to be a good 4X sequels for so many other games.

When I was a kid there was Moo1, Moo2, Space Empires, Civilization 2, Colonization, and Alpha Centauri. All great games.

Now think about what kids born after 1990 experienced. An entire generation of children have only been exposed absolute crap. Civilization 4 was good and the Total War series moved strategy gaming in an interesting new direction but that's really it.

After 2000, sequels to some of the more famous titles have been pretty underwhelming. Civilization 3 sucked, Moo3 really sucked, and Space Empires 5 sucked-didly-ucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Og View Post
                              Re OP:
                              I remember her-- She was an interesting persona.

Generally I don't expect poly to have many new or younger folks. I discovered it after coming from the SMAX forums and still like it from time to time but I can't see that there would be a whole lot that would attract new folks in the OT
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• well even if there were children here, they'd get a 21+ rating in a week: dogs, rape, wives, and gay, racist, grim eater, murders, Allah, Texas, pissing, and vitamin D... all on the first page... very educational
                                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                                X