Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to reiterate the point: "Video on how to get a woman?"

Comment

• Umm... popular thread. What's your point? There's a wealth of information on human relations in this thread from some very disparate perspectives as well as a lot of insights into the mental workings of a number of posters. There has been a lot of positive advice and analysis of myself that I can use in the future. I also learned about women being hypergamous and seeking to improve social currency through transactions with perceptively high status men on the sexual marketplace. Overall, this has been a positive and educational experience and anyone else in my shoes would do well to read this thread in its entirety.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• There's a wealth of information on human relations in this thread from some very disparate perspectives

With aneeshm, Hera, and DF being prominent among them?

Comment

• Aneeshm and Hera approach this topic with almost scholarly analysis and Dave actually attracts a lot of women... and no, not just the douche-perspective. Imran, Jon Miller, MikeH, Buggs, and others posted prominently.

Since when does a thread have to validate its existence anyway?
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Aneeshm and Hera approach this topic with almost scholarly analysis

Since when does a thread have to validate its existence anyway?

Oh, this one definitely is worth having; it concentrates so much of Poly's suck in one place.

Comment

• Some of their points are valid and scientifically validated...

Study 1 (N = 847) documented that women rated men more desirable when shown surrounded by women than when shown alone or with other men (a desirability enhancement effect)
              Women are hypergamous and seek men who are desired by other women. They essentially get their analysis of the worth of a man through his popularity with other women.

Comment

• There is also the other explination that women feel more comfortable if a man is hanging out with other women, because that lessens the chance that he's a creep (ie, if other women can tolerate him...).
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I have no pictures of myself with women

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    There is also the other explination that women feel more comfortable if a man is hanging out with other women, because that lessens the chance that he's a creep (ie, if other women can tolerate him...).
                    This is called preselection in game.

@AS: Do you have any female friends?
                    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      I have no pictures of myself with women
                      So you "dated" this prostitute for 6 years and never even took a picture together?

Tell me again what about it seemed like it was a relationship?
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Well he could have deleted / burned / shredded all of those pictures.

I know that I have no pictures with my long term ex because I disposed of all of them.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I have a handful of pictures of me and her but the problem is 1) I was a 160lb scrawny kid back then so it doesn't do me any justice and 2) why would I put a picture of that evil ***** up? No thanks. It wouldn't do me any favors. And pictures of an ex-gf put up recently on facebook or something lends too many questions and 'is he still over her?' issues. Don't need that.

and yes, I have female friends. The problem is I don't hang out with anybody, especially not when a camera is around.

Comment

• OK guys, I think we should cut off the advice spigot. Speer should either take my/Hera's/aneeshm's side, or everyone else's side, and then put some of the energy he spends posting on Poly into putting the advice into practice.
                            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Why are you putting yourself in a category with Hera or aneeshm? That's not modesty, it's self-hatred.

Comment

• For simplicity's sake. Everyone else categorizes me that way, and it's just easier to go with it than to try to explain the nuanced differences. As for as Speer is concerned, it makes no different anyway.
                                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X