Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are doomed

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...7ddf284b6dc90f

Intelligence is negatively related to the number of children, with partial correlations (age controlled) of −.156, −.069, −.235 and −.028 for White females, White males, Black females and Black males, respectively. This effect is related mainly to the g-factor. It is mediated in part by education and income, and to a lesser extent by the more “liberal” gender attitudes of more intelligent people. In the absence of migration and with constant environment, genetic selection would reduce the average IQ of the US population by about .8 points per generation.
    Just to drive this home for anyone who wishes to rain some sunshine on my rainy parade: The Flynn effect despite arguably few drops in educational standards in the last decade and a more stimulating general environment has lost steam in the developed world. Places like Japan are holding steady (for now), but places like Britain are already sliding down.

Yes, yes smart people won't die out due to assortative mating assuming high levels of mobility persist. But society in general will have major problems, consider how important IQ is for things like low criminality, health and income. A lower IQ society will also provide a less stimulating environment. Looking at the graphs I can't help but feel that the 100 IQ mark is the lower bound for consistently using contraception, which is depressing considering how simple it is to use. The giant negative correlations women are probably ironically the result of a larger % of college educated and carrer women today. All may not be bleak, I belive males still do have positive correlations between income and fertility, perhaps inteligent rich men are keeping their IQs stable, this I belive may be especially true in the black community! We may however be heading towards sexual dimorphism in mean inteligence and a tiny rich class that runs everything while the lower classes head towards Morlockism.

PS Prediction: For those employed in the private sector the gap in mean male vs. female mean income will be higher in 40 years time than today, even if the public sector wouldn't increase its share of employed women (which won't happen).

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/Images/OccsX.jpg"]http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/Images/OccsX.jpg"]http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/Images/OccsX.jpg

PPS I am now officaliy pushing back my date for the begining of the end for Western civ from 1914 to 1894 when those goddamn New Zealanders gave women the vote.

PPPS
    God please keep the Chinese goverment the cold heartless bastards they are today. They may be our only hope. Forced sterlisations, one child policy (flatening the uneven trends we see in this graph), high base IQ and amoral bend when it comes to tech make me want to work in a forced labour camp while singing praises to the glorious people's Republic's role in saving civilization.
    Last edited by Heraclitus; May 6, 2010, 17:46.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Here come the eloi!
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

How functional is a <70 IQ? ***** average 2 kids?

and amoral bend when it comes to tech

Do you mean a moral or amoral, and what are you talking about?
      Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
        Here come the eloi!
        IQ and ratings of physical beauty have a positive correlation if I recall correctly.

Sorry.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
          Do you mean a moral or amoral, and what are you talking about?
          I meant what I wrote. Amoral.

How functional is a <70 IQ? ***** average 2 kids?
          What I find interesting is the sweet spot for White female fertility is just above being legaly retarded while White males with IQs 70-80 seem to be out of luck and are outpaced by the really tarded (<70 IQ) and the dim (80-90 IQ).
          Last edited by Heraclitus; May 6, 2010, 18:02.

Comment

Ok, and what are you referring to? It still doesn't really make any sense to me. Like... "robot bride"? Robot bride doesn't seem particularly amoral to me (and that's Japan, right?).

Pirating?

Comment

Ok, and what are you referring to? It still doesn't really make any sense to me.
              Amoralism is the complete absence of moral beliefs, and/or the unequivocal belief that the theory of morality is immaterial.
              Hm, considering morality a non factor with applying cutting edge technology. Whatever could I have meant? Genetic engineering of humans.

Do you have more than one kid?

Comment

I thought maybe you meant robot brides or pirating.

Can you give an example of what you are talking about?

Comment

I think this thread lowered my IQ.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This story is not news.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

"Only stupid people are breeding!"

*****READ**** No copyright was intended. This video is simply for entertainment purposes only. All Copyright goes to Chiodos, Harvey Danger, Fearless records...
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I conditionally take my derogative comment back. Hot sex bots might just be the humane option for those under 80. Also China is stealing tech like crazy.

Comment

Mental retardation (MR) is a generalized disorder, characterized by significantly impaired cognitive functioning and deficits in two or more adaptive behaviors with onset before the age of 18. It has historically been defined as an Intelligence Quotient score under 70.

I'm calling BS on ***** averaging 2 kids. You're telling me there are ***** out there with 4 kids, in the developed world? Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                            I think this thread lowered my IQ.
                            Don't worry, the IQ scale doesn't go lower than zero, so it can't be worse
                            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              This story is not news.
                              It more or less reafirms what other studies have shown. Also I'm not presenting it as news. I'm just reminding everyone that unless we start snipping the old genome, change our society radically or build AIs inteligent life will be a whole lot less inteligent in just a few generations. Don't forget, the average IQ will drop faster than one might think since stupid people do their breeding early (tween or even teenish welfare moms FTW!) while smart (over)educated mothers wait eagerly for their first and only late-30s sickly baby. Even if the fertility was the same the difference in timing would drive the demographic in the wrong way.

Comment

Working...
                              X