No announcement yet.

underrated black actors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we had Drake Tungsten yet? His entire life is a facade - so much so that he's not even black...
    Last edited by MOBIUS; May 1, 2010, 15:59. Reason: Must be turning dyslexic in my old age...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous View Post
      Mega fail. You shouldn't have added him.
      Why? I mean, the only role I recall him from was Idi Amin in "The Last King of Scotland," but he was pretty damned good at that. Or were you saying he's not underrated?
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
        You fail by beginning your list with two overrated actors. The other three fit the bill.

You fail again by not being able to come up with a single other underrated black actress, which took me all of one second: CCH Pounder.
        Michael Clarke Duncan was perfect in The Green Mile, it was the role of a lifetime for him.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
          replace neeson whit rhames in the phantom menace and it would of been alot better.

he should be the lead actor in a blockbuster.

this is just retarded. if you missunderstand me that much its all on you and not me.
          1.) What?
          2.) When the right character comes, he will. But he seems to be more comfortable in playing more well-rounded characters that are in fantastic films which don't generate as much interest at the theaters. But he's made a lot of money doing what he does, and he's probably right where he wants to be.
          3.) You said you wanted to stay away from attractive black actresses. I'm just asking you to give a reason.
          Last edited by The Emperor Fabulous; May 1, 2010, 21:07.
          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            Or were you saying he's not underrated?
            Bingo
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Who cares?

a) They're actors. Worthless parasites employed to entertain the stupid masses.
              b) They're black. No-one actually cares about black people, it's just politically convenient to pretend to.
              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I like the goat.

Comment

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                    Clarke Peters.
                    It's about time somebody mentioned him. He's mother****ing Cool Lester Smooth!
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Why? I mean, the only role I recall him from was Idi Amin in "The Last King of Scotland," but he was pretty damned good at that. Or were you saying he's not underrated?
                      He's gotten a lot of recognition. I think we're looking for actors who are good, but not well known.

Also check out Ghost Dog, he's tight in that.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous View Post
                        Speaking of House, Andre Bruer was the head of the psych hospital where House was during the mini-movie from the beginning of this past season.
                        He's so underrated you can't even spell his last name! But I agree, he's kind of underrated, but he was even more underrated after Homicide but before he got his recent somewhat comeback.

Comment

Why? I mean, the only role I recall him from was Idi Amin in "The Last King of Scotland,"

How could you forget Fast Times at Ridgemount High? Whitaker rocked.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                          X