I can has some Lexapro??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can has some Lexapro??

So earlier today I had my first appointment with a psychiatrist. He spent a whole fifteen minutes with me, asked me quick questions in which I mentioned that I've had thoughts of suicide. So somehow in those fifteen minutes, he figured that I need prescription, knows what level of dosage I need, AND what brand I should have.

He gave me a couple boxes of samples of Lexapro, which is of course, what he prescribed to me. I told him that before I go to any drug store to get this, I'm going to do research online about this drug.

If you take this stuff, or know anyone who does and you want to chime in, feel free.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

welcome to the system of brainwashing and being a chemical guinea pig for greedy shrinks
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Do you live around Danville, IL these days?
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Lexapro sounds like an updated version of Celexa, from the wiki. I had a great response to Celexa, no problems at all.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

"And it seems to me perfectly in the cards that there will be within the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing … a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda, brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods." Aldous Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
            welcome to the system of brainwashing and being a chemical guinea pig for greedy shrinks
            Don't start jerking off yet at fantasies of me popping anti-depressants like candy.

I am going to do research first.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
              Do you live around Danville, IL these days?
              Springfield, Illinois - about two hours from Danville.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                Don't start jerking off yet at fantasies of me popping anti-depressants like candy.

I am going to do research first.
                Everyone's a doctor with access to Google, eh...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                  Springfield, Illinois - about two hours from Danville.
                  I saw your SUV in Indy about a week ago.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    Everyone's a doctor with access to Google, eh...
                    ha

But anyway, I went to md.com and from there, I found a PDF document from Food and Drug Administration. I printed out some of its pages.

I talked with a good friend of mine on phone a few minutes ago, who is also being treated for depression. He said to drop this psychiatrist, and find someone else, as fifteen minutes is too short for a first appointment. I agree on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                      I saw your SUV in Indy about a week ago.
                      You sure? I drive a tank, not an SUV. But then, sometimes the two look very similar, at least in size and aggressiveness of their drivers.

Comment

If you want someone to talk you through everything, you see a therapist/psychologist.

If you want to get the meds, you see a psychiatrist.

For some, talking helps. For others, you need the meds. Depends on the source of your depression.

Comment

I plan to use a combination of both. But first, I need to find a psychiatrist who will treat me like a human being when thinking about prescribing me something.

Comment

Honestly it doesn't sound like a real session if it was 15 mins -- sessions are usually an hour. It sounds like it was the first meeting where he talks about starting you on the meds (which take a long time to kick in) and follow-up meetings would be more psychiatrist-like. If he didn't communicate that, maybe that's not the case. But it makes total sense to start the meds early, especially if you indicated suicidal thoughts because the pills DO take a long time to take effect. Start ASAP if it's as serious as you implied to him.

Comment

It was a meet and greet, not a session. As such, it seems to me that a prescription was given out too hastily. Bear in mind that this is just the opinion of a mentally healthy individual. For a nut job, it might be timely.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X