I like living at the border.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like living at the border.

I went down to the border today to do some shopping at the duty free shops. Sure, you can get slightly better prices by crossing the border but then they limit what you can bring back while at the duty free shops you get prices almost as low as in Mexico but with no Federal or state taxes and you can buy as much as you like. A cartoon of cigarettes (Pall Mall Lights) costs just $12 instead of around $50 after one pays Federal and state taxes, domestic mass market beer (like Coors) is just $12 per case (24 cans) with no CRV due, and Scots Whiskey like Johnny Walker red label is just $14.50 for a standard sized bottle (and not much more for black or gold label). So I went down, had some great Mexican food, and bought lots of high tax items without paying any taxes. Best of all the price listed really is the price with no taxes or charges added on. Border life is good.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Usted es un pinchazo en Estados Unidos. El ir a México para pagar menos por los vicios...
    "Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." -- Frédéric Bastiat
    (+7.00, -6.97)

Comment

Red Label
      Mexico
      Oerdin getting trapped in Mexico by gun-wielding cartels
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'd never get kidnapped as I'm not stupid. Also I didn't cross the border and instead stayed in the US. Even if you go down to Mexico as long as you have common sense and don't flash cash or expensive things in the wrong part of town then you'll be fine. Also most of the idiots who get mugged get falling down drunk so if you take care and don't act stupid then you'll be fine. It helps if you speak Spanish too.

Comment

A cartoon of cigarettes (Pall Mall Lights)
          Oerdin shortening his life by over 30 hours

Comment

Meh, life is short so enjoy things in moderation. You'll likely live just as long but have more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
              I'd never get kidnapped as I'm not stupid.

Did you not go to the Mexican border?

Only two people do that:
              1) Mexicans
              2) Stupid people
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                Oerdin shortening his life by over 30 hours
                How does a cartoon shorten one's life?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  Red Label
                  Mexico
                  Oerdin getting trapped in Mexico by gun-wielding cartels
                  Exactly. Warnings by all kinds of agencies to avoid border towns and to stick to resort communities, and even then be aware.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post

Did you not go to the Mexican border?

Only two people do that:
                    1) Mexicans
                    2) Stupid people
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Why am I not surprised that big government-loving liberal Oerdin is a big enough hypocrite to brag about going out of his way to avoid paying taxes?
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

video of Oerdin at the border

"

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                          Why am I not surprised that big government-loving liberal Oerdin is a big enough hypocrite to brag about going out of his way to avoid paying taxes?
                          Taxing entertainment is evil.
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Johnny Walker doesn't count as entertainment. Hookers count as entertainment. You don't pay a hooker tax, here or there.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why am I not surprised that a French-Canadian filosofer is a ******?
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X