Left and Right, Here and There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
    I'm not saying I won't debate or perhaps even condem certain values that conflict with my own but...

do you see the philosophical deeper dilema? A value is good in itself. It is something one supports regardles if it has or dosen't have any tangible benefit or even rationale. How can anyone come up with objective criticism for them? All one can do is say in increasingly fancy ways "your values are stupid because they conflict with my values and are impractical or bad for you anyway".

Someone might find family a value, someone else the pursuit of happiness, someone else might consider turning the all the matter in the universe into paperclips their supreme purpose of being, ect.
    A value is different from a right. Saying it is a value for people to own private property is different than saying it's a right.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
      The goverment also owns all children.
      Don't be ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        A value is different from a right. Saying it is a value for people to own private property is different than saying it's a right.
        Don't be ridiculous.

Comment

• Nobody wants your children. They don't want to pay for them. You have to do that.

Comment

• I want to buy your women!

(line from Blues Brothers)
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chemical Ollie View Post
              I want to buy your women!

How much for the little girl eh? How much?
              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
              X