Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asher, how do I save a selection of excel sheet as a picture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saved the copied stuff into MS Paint and then could save that as a file.

Comment

Well that was worth it!
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

I should have gone into computer science. I would actually make the stuff work ergonomically. Damn dos prompts and monitors with switches on the back.

Comment

You went through powerpoint?

Bizarre how that is what most people do, maybe it is the only way!
          Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

I find it hilarious that TCO is saying "but wait, it's 2010" while using Office 2003.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

NO. I just did MS Paint. It was even easier than PPT

Comment

You copied a section of a spreadsheet and pasted it into MS paint, then saved_as?

I don't think that works with MS PictureManager.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  I find it hilarious that TCO is saying "but wait, it's 2010" while using Office 2003.
                  I knew someone was going to say this. But the user patterns and needs have been well known for 20 odd years and the CPU has plenty of power to handle the operations.

These people are just so unergonomic. We get the damn dancing paperclip, but we can't label the bubbles on a bubble chart without downloading some non-MS hack. (and the bubblechart is a standard excel chart).

Comment

Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
                    You copied a section of a spreadsheet and pasted it into MS paint, then saved_as?

I don't think that works with MS PictureManager.
                    A. Yes.

B. Not sure what that is. Not sure why they would have a new program that worked worse.

Comment

I agree with your assessment, TCO -- just found the '2010' assertion amusing.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Maybe I should have bought the Apple instead of the Dell. Not that it would help me work better. But just that I would not be so offended by the sheer stubborness at not thinking about user work patterns. I hear that Apple actually has a lot of functional design people. Of course, there is only one side to the mouse and no way to get floppies out. That's unergonomic.

Comment

I have MS_Paint and MS_PictureManager (came with computer/microsoft office). Their uses are intermingled and determining which will be best for a particular graphic manipulation is largely random. Granted, MS_Paint can draw on stuff.

It appears that while MS_Paint will take a paste and save as jpg, IIRC MS_PictureManager will not.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            I agree with your assessment, TCO -- just found the '2010' assertion amusing.
                            I love you...even though I'm on the rag. Kiss the bunnie.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO View Post
                              I knew someone was going to say this. But the user patterns and needs have been well known for 20 odd years and the CPU has plenty of power to handle the operations.
                              It's not a question of CPU power, it's a question of software and UI complexities. Applications cannot be designed to perfectly suit the workflow of every single user. I think you grossly underestimate how differently each person uses the same software.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
                                I have MS_Paint and MS_PictureManager (came with computer/microsoft office). Their uses are intermingled and determining which will be best for a particular graphic manipulation is largely random. Granted, MS_Paint can draw on stuff.
                                I know what you mean now. yeah...the picture manager did not work. Kind of a waste. since what I wanted was really a picture management task if you think about it (saving a file). instead I used a drawing program, despite doing no drawing, solely to manage a picture!

:loco:

Comment

Working...
                                X