No announcement yet.

Why Nerds are Unpopular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The structure of that sentence was terrible. Was that intentional?

I happen to have many published works out there. 11 million Canadians a month directly or indirectly use works I've been apart of right now.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Yeah, and every month 11.999.999 canucks bang their head into their keyborard in utter despair
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
        No. That's a lie, and an outrageous one at that.

They have to have Aspergers and bad dress sense.
        HELL no. Some of them are just nerds who "self-diagnose" themselves as Aspies for an excuse. All Aspies may very well be nerds, but not the other way around.

For example, many nerds are quite socially adept within the limited confines of a nerdy clique. They will freely seek out other people with similar interests such as LARP, catch on readily to new memes within the group and use them appropriately, and are generally quite garrulous and assertive. This is not characteristic Asperger's behavior. I'm barely aspie at all and when put into a new situation (e.g. a new workplace), I tend to hang back for a long time until I'm sure I have the accepted behavior patterns pretty well pegged before I come out of my shell. If nerds were all that way, they'd never form groups.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• LOL look at all the silly nerds
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
            HELL no. Some of them are just nerds who "self-diagnose" themselves as Aspies for an excuse. All Aspies may very well be nerds, but not the other way around.
            Do you have problems picking up social cues or something?

Laz was joking.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• garrulous

NERD ALERT!

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                LOL look at all the silly nerds
                I'm sure one of the "Fast & Furious" movies is on cable somewhere. That should be more your speed.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I agree with that Venn diagram.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Doesn't that back up my point about poor social skills?
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Would seem to.

Comment

• At my school, everyone's a nerd. It's pretty much the most excellent thing ever. You can be weird and no one cares because they're all equally weird
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                          X