Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread on Music (Not to be confused with the Music Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread on Music (Not to be confused with the Music Thread)

What kind of music do you listen to predominantly?

I'd put myself firmly in the "Alternative" camp.

My playlist currently includes:

The Temper Trap
    Crash Kings
    The XX
    Metric
    Passion Pit
    Vampire Weekend
    Mumford & Sons
    MuteMath
    The Sounds
    Phoenix
    Cage the Elephant

Et tu?

Bonus question: Are you on Last.fm? I am. I am "asherian". Friend me. I need friends.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

I'm on a pretty heavy Muse kick right now.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

My tastes are wide-ranging, embracing the (now "classic") progressive rock of the 70s, punk and new wave of the 70s and 80s, the indy movement that followed it, and jazz and blues in general. And I'm always up for a good, visceral metal experience.

But in terms of current artists, nothing has really grabbed me the past few years. I'm getting old.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

For the most part, "Classic" Rock, Blues and a splash of country.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          What kind of music do you listen to predominantly?

I'd put myself firmly in the "Alternative" camp.

My playlist currently includes:

The Temper Trap
          Crash Kings
          The XX
          Metric
          Passion Pit
          Vampire Weekend
          Mumford & Sons
          MuteMath
          The Sounds
          Phoenix
          Cage the Elephant

Et tu?

Bonus question: Are you on Last.fm? I am. I am "asherian". Friend me. I need friends.
          Of these, I only know Metric and The Sounds, and I like them (Metric more than The Sounds).
          Which of the rest would you suggest I try first?
          Which albums specifically?
          Muse is also great.

Comment

Electronic (techno, house, etc., etc), rock, indie rock, jazz, blues and classical.

There's an Apolyton last.fm group, but I don't think anybody goes there anymore. I certainly don't. Didn't even bother installing the scrobbler after I installed Windows 7.
            Last edited by Nostromo; March 21, 2010, 08:11.
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Lul Thyme View Post
              Of these, I only know Metric and The Sounds, and I like them (Metric more than The Sounds).
              Which of the rest would you suggest I try first?
              Which albums specifically?
              Muse is also great.
              If you like Metric and the Sounds (is it just the hot female vocalists you like?), Phoenix is probably the best bet. Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix (their latest album) just won the Best Alternative Album Grammy.

MuteMath is also kinda similar (check out the songs Electrify and Spotlight).
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Nostromo View Post
                Electronic (techno, house, etc., etc), rock, indie rock, jazz, blues and classical.

There's an Apolyton last.fm group, but I don't think anybody goes there anymore. I certainly don't. Didn't even bother installing the scrobbler after I installed Windows 7.
                Yeah, I just installed it again. Windows 7 install blew it out, too.

No one uses it anymore?

Comment

Only five people the joined the 'poly group. As far as I know, only Zopperoni and Saras are still using it. Other people here use last.fm, but never bothered joining the group.
                  Last edited by Nostromo; March 21, 2010, 14:07.
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

The Sounds' singer's accent is hilarious.

I grew up with the tail end of metal and punk, and then 90s dance music and hip hop so I've done all those.

Now I mostly listen to pop, but also jazz, electronic, Persian traditional music, whatever. I'm just not very loyal to "bands" anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostromo View Post
                      http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178205

Only five people the joined the 'poly group. As far as I know, only Zopperoni and Saras are still using it. Other people here use last.fm, but never bothered joining the group.
                      I just joined.

Comment

I listen to quite varied music. I'm particulary fond of 70s and 80s pop and rock, so much Elton John, Queen, Alan Parson's Project, Electric Light Orchestra, Camel. And the list goes on. Quite varied. Of newer music, I'm particulary fond of Neal Morse(progressive rock, real joy listening to!), Muse, Hillsong United. And the occational E-type.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          I just joined.
                          Me too. Not sure if I can use it though, last.fm doesn't work in Europe anymore I think.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I demand more replies.

Comment

I don't think I have a predominant taste in one type of music. My iPod has country, rock and roll, rhythm and blues, a sprinkling of alternative, and pop. Some of the artists on my iPod:

P!nk
                              Green Day
                              U2
                              Nickelback
                              Bon Jovi
                              Bruce Sprinsteen
                              Tim McGraw
                              Faith Hill
                              Keith Anderson
                              Shania Twain
                              Cher
                              Daughtry
                              Coldplay
                              Three Doors Down
                              Aerosmith
                              Lily Allen (just one song - "**** You")
                              Usher
                              Brian McKnight
                              Seal
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X