X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Dare You To Defend Basketball

What the ****?

Report: Wizards Arenas, Crittenton drew guns on each other

Two Washington Wizards teammates -- three-time NBA All-Star Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton -- drew guns on each other in the locker room after practice during a Christmas Eve argument over money, according to a report in the the New York Post.

The dispute ignited when Crittenton became enraged at Arenas for refusing to make good on a gambling debt, a anonymous source told the Post. When Crittenton yelled at Arenas, that prompted Arenas to draw on Crittenton, who then also grabbed for a gun, league security sources told the Post.

Arenas denied pulling a gun on Crittenton, a third-year guard out of Georgia Tech who has not played for Washington this season due to injuries. Arenas is Washington's leading scorer, averaging 22.3 points per game.

The Wizards announced on Dec. 25 that Arenas had admitted to bringing guns to the locker room and had turned them over to team security. Arenas reportedly told Wizards officials that he stored the unloaded firearms in his locker so they wouldn't be close to his kids at their home.

Arenas told the Washington Times that he moved the weapons from his home to his lock box at Verizon Center around Dec. 10 after his daughter was born.

"I decided I didn't want the guns in my house and around the kids anymore, so I took them to my lock box at Verizon Center," Arenas told the paper. "Then like a week later, I turned them over to team security and told them to hand them over to the police, because I don't want them anymore. I wouldn't have brought them to D.C. had I known the rules. After my daughter was born, I was just like, 'I don't need these anymore.'"

Arenas was previously suspended one game in 2004-05 for violating the NBA's weapons policy. Players are not permitted to carry firearms on NBA property or during business.
    "The Wizards organization and Arenas promptly notified the local authorities and the NBA, [and] are cooperating fully with law enforcement during its review of this matter," the team said in its statement at the time.

Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld declined to elaborate further to the Post, saying, "It's in the hands of [Washington] authorities."
    This was already a ****ing terrible sport, but the players are some of the douchiest around. They all buy and drive blinged-out Cadillac Escalades also.

Defend this **** -- somebody. Why do Americans and Greeks like this ****ing bull****?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

They help the economy?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Anyone who criticizes basketball is clearly a racist.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
        Anyone who criticizes basketball is clearly a racist.
        I love black people. They should play more hockey. Some of the best hockey players are black. They're wasting their talents shooting hoops.

The only black person I hate is you, Drake.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

They need to withhold any future pay they would be due contractually, ban them for life and send them back to the street.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My defence of basketball players is that they make football players look good in comparison
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You mean soccer?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                My defence of basketball players is that they make football players look good in comparison
                Don't get me started on NFL players. Fat ****s with zero talent except the ability to fall out of pickup trucks while beating on their wives.

Comment

Then there's ****ing baseball players. It takes a lot of talent to ****ing stand around and chew tobacco.

Comment

Are Americans good at any real sports? They're pretty **** at both soccer and hockey. What a sad country for sport fans.

Comment

Chris Henry was on my "all-douchebag" fantasy football team a few years ago.

I also had Jeremy Shockey, Jon Kitna and Travis Henry

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Soccer is a women's sport and hockey is just beating eachother up with sticks.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Soccer and hockey are both played by women. *****es are too scared to play football, though. Enough said.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                            Soccer and hockey are both played by women. *****es are too scared to play football, though. Enough said.
                            Hockey is a more violent, physical, and faster game than football. Football largely consists of standing around and bending over -- it's got more in common than a gay nightclub than any other sport.

Comment

Hockey is a more violent, physical ... game than football.

KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X