Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP, Mr. Landesburg.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Bobby Farrell, whose group Boney M topped the 1970s European charts with its glittering showmanship and blend of disco and Calypso music, was found dead in his hotel bed Thursday while on tour in Russia, his agent said. He was 61.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Rash of fake Twitter celeb deaths

Here is a list of people who are not dead: Owen Wilson, Adam Sandler, Charlie Sheen, Morgan Freeman and Aretha Franklin.

Each and every one of the stars listed above is still very much alive despite a rash of Twitter-fueled internet rumours that the celebrities had died over the holidays.

GossipCop.com reports that Wilson is just the latest victim of the morbid hoax which involves the nefarious invention of a celebrity death that is inevitably thought to be real by others and circulated around the net.

Yesterday's news, reportedly from the 'Global Associated News' claimed that Wilson had died in Zermatt, Switzerland in a snowboarding accident. 'Wilson lost control of his snowboard and struck a tree at a high rate of speed,' claimed the fake report. 'Wilson was air lifted by ski patrol teams to a local hospital, however, it is believed that the actor died instantly from the impact of the crash.'

Now a spokesperson for Wilson has slammed the report as 'absolutely false.'

The same was of course the case regarding claims earlier in the week that both Adam Sandler and Eddie Murphy had died in similarly fatal snowboarding accidents.

I intend to wrap this puppy up later today on the understanding there is still one week left for late reports to come in. It looks like -Jrabbit will have his second title barring any actual New Years eve deaths.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I'm posting the tentative final numbers for 2010. The rules allow for death reports for one more week but barring any further casualties this is it.

germanos receives the 25 point Can't Cheat Death Award for the last death of 2010.

Ming, embalmer42 and duke o'york each receive the 50 point Empty Casket Award. Keeps you from finishing with 0 points and adds to your all time points.

For the second time in Poly Dead Pool history Jrabbit walks away with the big prize. With a meager 4 hits and 718 points he bests us all and claims the Grim Reaper 2010 title. Well done sir.

I thank you all for playing and look forward to next season.

Comment

• Wow, no scoring since Oct. 30...which means my "meager" 4 hits was plenty, thanks. I was sure my rope-a-dope tactic would ultimately fail and someone would land a lucky punch before the end of the year.

I attribute my victory to sound fundamentals, and concentrating on defense.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• An astounding tactic.

Comment

• I honestly can't believe none of the three old-as-**** doctors I picked died. Now that I left them off the list this year, guarantee, they'll all go within 24 hours of one another.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Probably so, now that you've removed them. I had 3 or 4 from previous lists go this year... had Bob Feller as a unique every year until 2010. Ron Santo. Some people are just not reliable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    I honestly can't believe none of the three old-as-**** doctors I picked died. Now that I left them off the list this year, guarantee, they'll all go within 24 hours of one another.
                    As Rodney Daingerfield once said, "I'm so unlucky that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying."
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                      I'm posting the tentative final numbers for 2010. The rules allow for death reports for one more week but barring any further casualties this is it.

germanos receives the 25 point Can't Cheat Death Award for the last death of 2010.

Ming, embalmer42 and duke o'york each receive the 50 point Empty Casket Award. Keeps you from finishing with 0 points and adds to your all time points.

For the second time in Poly Dead Pool history Jrabbit walks away with the big prize. With a meager 4 hits and 718 points he bests us all and claims the Grim Reaper 2010 title. Well done sir.

I thank you all for playing and look forward to next season.
                      Reposted for those that missed (or forgot about) it the first time.

Comment

• I think Jrabbit is in cahoots with Dr. Kevorkian.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Thanks for re-posting that, Wezil.

And I don't do cahoots.

Comment

• Np, because there was no action since October it got overshadowed by the start of the 2011 pool.

Working on the 1st 2011 update now. At least you are starting where you left off.

Comment

• Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post

For the second time in Poly Dead Pool history Jrabbit walks away with the big prize. Well done sir.
                                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Working...
                                X