No announcement yet.

Yeah, right (Tiger Woods thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Why does Tiger also have exactly 99 problems?

Also, does Jay Z really feel bad for Woods?
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Tiger Woods took a perfectly fine life and decided that sticking his tool into an electrical outlet was a good idea.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Whats most fascinating is how fast this has happened. For others to whom this has happened (self destructive behaviour by superstar athletes after the death of a mentor ie Jordan and Tyson to name two), it has taken more time for it to play out in the media.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Those scandals happened before the age of Twitter, FaceBook, 24-hour news cycles with constant scrolling updates, TMZ, etc. etc. etc.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Yep... we live in an "instant" world now. Every time some star goes does something stupid, it's likely there is somobody with a camera phone there ready to take the shot. It must be tough to make those big bucks
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• He's losing sponsors left and right.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Jesus, is this a bad month for Tiger or what?

A Canadian doctor who has treated golfer Tiger Woods, swimmer Dara Torres and NFL players is suspected of providing athletes with performance-enhancing drugs, according to a newspaper report.

The New York Times reported on its Web site Monday night that Dr. Anthony Galea was found with human growth hormone and Actovegin, a drug extracted from calf's blood, in his bag at the U.S.-Canada border in late September. He was arrested Oct. 15 in Toronto by Canadian police.

Using, selling or importing Actovegin is illegal in the United States.

The FBI has opened an investigation based in part on medical records found on Galea's computer relating to several professional athletes, people briefed on the inquiry told the Times on condition of anonymity because they did not want to be identified discussing a continuing investigation.

A Canadian doctor who has treated golfer Tiger Woods and others is suspected of providing athletes with performance-enhancing drugs, according to a newspaper report.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Why would a golfer take HGH or Actovegin? I wouldnt expect either to improve someones golf game (except for octogenerians such as Ming and Rah). That being said, using useless performance enhancing drugs fits the pattern of Tiger's possession by Michael Jackson.
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

• Why would a golfer take HGH?

To speed recovery from an injury like the one Tiger suffered in 2008.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I'm not aware of any effect of HGH on injury recovery (but I may be wrong). If there were, he could have easily obtained it legally from a treating physician.

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I don't give money to bums but I'd throw him a dollar or two.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• So Elin is seeking a divorce. Who could've predicted that she wouldn't put up with adultery for money? Anyone who's married to a swedish woman (such as me).

Comment

• She'll get all the money she can spend. Why stay for money?

Comment

Working...
                                X