97th Grey Cup: Saskatchewan Rough Riders vs Montreal Alouettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
    And you should follow the MLS! It's ok to watch the English or Spanish leagues when they are on, but if you are to have any hope of developing a genuine national fan culture, and by extension interest your young kinds, you need to support your local clubs/leagues.
    I do somewhat, but not all that intently - MLS games are on at better times. Whenever I get up early enough on Saturdays to catch EPL games, it is definitely like night and day.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
      A great ending? Are you kidding me?

A game that ended with blatant ineptitude leading to the equivalent of a "too many men on the ice" penalty and then a field goal?

That's an awful ending to the game. It's only "exciting" in that the game changed direction at the last possible second, but for god-awful ridiculous reasons.
      And compare it to the last two SuperBowls. SuperBowl XLIII had the Arizona Cardinals go up ahead with 2:37 left in the game and then the Pittsburgh Steelers had to march 78 yards to score a TD with 35 seconds left. SuperBowl XLII ALSO had the winning TD pass scored with 35 seconds left as the New York Giants knocked off the previously undefeated New England Patriots.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What a remarkably stupid comment, Garth.

Who said there wasn't? I'm not aware of any too many men on the ice penalty being taken in the dying seconds of a game that caused a loss in the final game of the Final series, though.
        There's a famous one in the playoffs involving the Bruins.

There's also an illegal stick call of some fame, and let's not forget the foot in the crease non-call.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post

There's also an illegal stick call of some fame, and let's not forget the foot in the crease non-call.
          The officiating in the NHL has long-been a gongshow. I'm usually the first one on this site *****ing about it.

The Flames may've won Game 6 and the cup in 03-04 if they had done a video review of the Flames goal they never caught.

It's different for the players to be inept like in the CFL. Though what more do we expect? These guys are barely professional as it is.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Don Cherry coaching.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The officiating in the NHL has long-been a gongshow. I'm usually the first one on this site *****ing about it.

The Flames may've won Game 6 and the cup in 03-04 if they had done a video review of the Flames goal they never caught.

It's different for the players to be inept like in the CFL. Though what more do we expect? These guys are barely professional as it is.

McSorley got caught holding an illegal stick in the third period.

Six Bruin skaters went on the ice.

Brett Hull stuck his foot in the goal crease and the officials blew the call. That goal won a cup.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

McSorley got caught holding an illegal stick in the third period.

Six Bruin skaters went on the ice.

Brett Hull stuck his foot in the goal crease and the officials blew the call. That goal won a cup.
                I'm well aware of both all of those incidents, and that your post didn't address mine in any way.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• It's different for the players to be inept...
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• Players say McSorely was an idiot. Everyone knows you put the illegal stick back in the rack before the third period.

/Kelly Hrudy
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                    X