Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97th Grey Cup: Saskatchewan Rough Riders vs Montreal Alouettes

It's Grey Cup week! Game is on Sunday.

Pity about people having to go to Calgary, but I hear the weather will be nice.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Oops. 97th.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

What sport is this? curling?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Alas, no. However, I think there will be beer.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)

Comment

Montreal can eat a bag of dicks.

SP
          I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

WRONG FORUM!!!
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Go Als!
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

At the beginning of the year I didn't see the Riders making it this far. Durant has been quite a surprise and has improved a lot over this past season.

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                What sport is this? curling?
                Don't quit your day job.

Comment

Riders fans. They're perpetually clueless.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Let's talk about how creepy people from Saskatchewan are.

Look at this creep. I knew he was a sex offender the moment I saw his pic.

Comment

In the interest of disclosure, my brother is friends and classmates with Chris Best from the Roughriders. They're both mechanical engineering grad students at the University of Waterloo specializing in fire safety engineering (not a very large field).

There's a puff piece on the guy here: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...345/story.html

Comment

And on a more serious note, I have a very hard time taking the CFL seriously knowing that at my age I'm already making more than the mean salary for CFL players. That's just sad for a "pro" sports league.

Comment

Or it's one of the attractions. The players play for the love of the game.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Or they play cause they've nothing left. They couldn't cut the NFL, too old for college ball, they don't know how to do anything else?

Comment

Let's be realistic, the CFL athletes are playing for a paycheque. There's no more "love of the game" than there is in any other league.

That being said, the salary cap in the CFL is 3.8 million. There's 45 players on a team. So that the mean salary would be approximately $85,000. You make more than that Asher? I guess you're doing pretty well for yourself then, given that you're only 26.

Regardless of what anybody on this forum makes specifically, CFL players do make a pretty good wage. The CFL minimum is somewhere around $50,000 a year, which, for most people, is a pretty damn good wage to get coming right out of college. The players get paid for playing a sport, thus "professional athlete." I don't really see what's sad about that. They get paid far more than the median wage in either the USA or Canada, and that is considered sad?

I don't really agree that the CFL athletes are only playing because they have "no other choice." I remember hearing a couple years ago that the highest average salary for any university degree (in the first year after graduation) was $50,000 for an engineering degree. So basically, if you just finished college, even if you graduated from an engineering program, you'd be better off playing in the CFL than anything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X