Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Iraqi civilian casualties are acceptable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weregild
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'd like to know how those who answered "more than 2,000,000" justify their answer, given that there's no proof that the Iraqis participated in 9/11, retained any WMDs, or gave any support to al-Qaeda prior to the invasion?
      Last edited by Dr Strangelove; November 26, 2009, 15:30.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I voted that because I like watching brown people die on TV.
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well, technically I like watching white people and black people die on TV too.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
            The answer you get is very subjective, unless you wish to give a robust way of measuring the value of human life. For example, I don't consider the most obvious method, their economic output potential, as a good measure.
            Yeah, but "how do you measure the value of human life" is really a separate topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
              You only say that because you're poor, Ozzy
              I'd say it if I were rich too!
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                Yeah, but "how do you measure the value of human life" is really a separate topic.
                If it weren't a fundamental in your calculation, I'd agree.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

[Q=dannubis;5709439]Well, how many American civilian casualties are allowed before they finally understand that the Arab world doesn't want to be Westernized (yet).

1 plane ? 2 planes ? ...[/Q] None. The Islamofascists didn't target the USA because we were trying to "Westernize" them. They did it because their own governments invited us in to defend them against Iraq.

The distinction is hard for Euroweenies to remember, but it's no trouble reminding you when you forget.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

[Q=KrazyHorse;5709636]Do you really think that blind moral relativism is anything less than completely retarded?[/Q]
                    [Q=Heraclitus;5709637]You do realize what this implies about most college educated people right?[/Q] Implies? No, it reveals what is there. That's how Obama got elected.
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

[Q=Felch;5709650]I'm not saying that I'm a moral paragon, but here's something to think about.

Over the years we all accumulate wealth. We have our bank accounts, retirement accounts, homes, cars, etc. If someone came up to you and made the following offer, what would be your response?

I will save the lives of two million Iraqis, if you quit your job, liquidate all of your assets, and give the cash to me. This is guaranteed to work, but no one will know you're responsible, so they're not going to reward you.[/Q] This is actually a very good description of the great number of "useful idiots" on the left. They are always promising if you just sign the dotted line on their stimulus, their health care reform, their labor program, their expansion of entitlements, etc, that millions of people will be saved. They always say it is "guaranteed to work," and you'll get a warm, fuzzy feeling to know you were part of the solution even if you don't get any reward for yourself.

Then you wake up with a sore ass, an empty wallet, nobody was "saved," and you're left wondering who buggered you.

Comment

Obama got there because kids thought he was a rock star.
                        Pay for your ticket to see the rock star now.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow View Post
                          [Q=KrazyHorse;5709636]Do you really think that blind moral relativism is anything less than completely retarded?[/Q]
                          [Q=Heraclitus;5709637]You do realize what this implies about most college educated people right?[/Q] Implies? No, it reveals what is there. That's how Obama got elected.
                          Yeah, redneck stupidity is so way much better! Only other people pay the price for proving you have the longest dick.
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I love listening to a Limbaugh fan talk about "useful idiots".

It's priceless.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                              Dauphin, what the EPA et al use for their measure of the value of a human life is market-based; namely, it looks at the excess income earned by people in dangerous occupations relative to similar, safe occupations. The figure they currently use is in the 5-7 million dollar range, IIRC.
                              Is this the case?

Because average lifetime incomes for PhD holders is much higher than the rest of the population but is still <4 m.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I don't see why you think that's relevant.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X