Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should be the unrestricted age of consent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    You don't know whether the guy rapes little boys or was caught naked at an inappropriate place or was 21 and had sex with his 17 year-old girlfriend (in some states).
    My friend's barber is a registered sex offender for the crime of Indecent Exposure (also known as Public Urination).
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Why insist on a differentiable function? It should be affine in the age of the older partner up to adulthood (18?), and then be flat. 150 year olds should be able to get some.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

I thought being a registered sex offender was a qualification for a barber.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

150 year olds should be able to get some.

150 year olds have a huge age range to choose from, 82 to 286.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
            I thought being a registered sex offender was a qualification for a barber.
            "Sorry, can't do kids' haircuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
              Maybe in India.
              If by "India" you mean "everywhere"
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I don't know any 40 year olds who are dating 25 year olds.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

In high school I had a friend whose mom was 25 at his birth and whose dad was 50 at his birth.

Comment

Uh, Ted, remember when I asked your mom out to the prom.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

I don't know any 40 year olds who are dating 25 year olds.
                      Not perhaps personally, but you know of people who are violating your formula. For example, Bruce Willis (54) is married to model Emma Heming (31) and no one cares.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Uh, Ted, remember when I asked your mom out to the prom.
                        Missy

For example, Bruce Willis (54) is married to model Emma Heming (31) and no one cares.

Are you really using Hollywood relationships as some kind of proxy for what's socially acceptable to the mainstream of American society?
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Not perhaps personally, but you know of people who are violating your formula. For example, Bruce Willis (54) is married to model Emma Heming (31) and no one cares.
                          I thought the formula was x2-7
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Are you really using Hollywood relationships as some kind of proxy for what's socially acceptable to the mainstream of American society?
                            Yes, as to the reaction they get . When there is no scandel at all (as there is when the age difference is too pronounced - like Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart), that means that people don't see the problem.

Comment

I thought the formula was x2-7
                              It's x/2 + 7.

Comment

Or (y*2) -14 for the upper bound.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X