Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should be the unrestricted age of consent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
    Hugh Hefner is a genius, dude.
    Fixed.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Found a different article on the really friggin old guy, this one doesn't explicitly mention his cradle-robbing behavior, but it does say that he was 82 when his youngest daughter was born which would probably mean his wife at the time was in her 30's or 40's.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Fixed.

There's no genius involved in a rich old **** banging dumb young girls.

KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Besides, I'm sure plenty of 40 year old men would like to have the chance to sleep with a 25 year old (which they couldn't with a X/2 + 7 rule - then again, I am biased on this topic...)
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm sure plenty of 40 year old men would like to have the chance to sleep with a 25 year old

There's also plenty of 40-year old men who would like to sleep with 15-year olds. Just because someone wants to do something doesn't make it right.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

16 is as good an arbitrary number as any other.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

The proper rule is x/10 +7:

Digital Journal is a digital media news network with thousands of Digital Journalists in 200 countries around the world. Join us!

A Somali man, 100, married a 17-year-old girl in front of hundreds of guests on Tuesday. The man's family supports the marriage.
                On Tuesday in Somalia, Ahmed Mohamed Dhore, who claims to be a centenarian, married a girl that is young enough to be his great great granddaughter in front of hundreds of guests, according to the Associated Press. This may be a shock in the Western world but it is quite common for young girls to marry much older men but, most often, not that old.
                Dhore said he wanted to marry Safiya Abdulle for a long time but he wanted to wait for her to grow up. The possible centenarian told the media that his children, his parents and two other wives supported the marriage.
                This is the sixth marriage for Dhore and three of his wives have died reports the Toronto Sun.
                The London Free Press stated that it’s not possible to verify Dhore’s age.
                Polygamy is a common occurrence in Muslim Somalia.
                The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

I'm sure plenty of 40 year old men would like to have the chance to sleep with a 25 year old

There's also plenty of 40-year old men who would like to sleep with 15-year olds. Just because someone wants to do something doesn't make it right.
                  But a 40 with a 25 is complete right
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
                    16 is as good an arbitrary number as any other.
                    But they aren't legally accountable yet. They can't sign many contracts, vote, be counted as financially independent (unless they take their parents to court), and many other signs of independence.

Why should they be able to do what they want sexually, which can often have greater life changing impact than many of the things that those <18 can't do?

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Nope. Two years too young.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

It's not a question of what THEY can and can't do. Parents are more than welcome to restrict their children from having sex, if they can. It's a question of the LAW punishing OTHERS for having sex with these children.

If you sign a contract with a minor then the worst thing that happens is you get a civil penalty. If you have sex with a minor below the age of consent then you go to jail for years.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Perfectly ok
                          Fixed.

Comment

Maybe in India.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

That is true, we want to punish pedophiles.

But wanting to **** a 15 yearold isn't pedophilia. The punishment in that case shouldn't be the same type of punishment.

And I thought it often wasn't? Although I am aware that they make everything a sex crime now. That really dilutes the discriminating power of a person being a sex offender. You don't know whether the guy rapes little boys or was caught naked at an inappropriate place or was 21 and had sex with his 17 year-old girlfriend (in some states).

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I think it should be based on a written test...
                                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                                X