Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a post-apocalyptic movie that took place in a forest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
    Red Dawn. The Soviets take over most of America and a group of teenagers form a resistance movement to fight the Soviets. They spend most of their time in the forest.
    Sounds less than the end of the world and more like just a regular war where America looses.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
      Nobody (should have) watched The Postman.
      The book was good, though.

Well, the 1st one anyways.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

There is a second Postman book?
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
          Red Dawn. The Soviets take over most of America and a group of teenagers form a resistance movement to fight the Soviets. They spend most of their time in the forest.
          Are we unclear as to the meaning of the term "post-apocalyptic"?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            Are we unclear as to the meaning of the term "post-apocalyptic"?
            This is Oerdin we're talking about.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Obviously Oerdin considers Cubans taking over the Midwest to be the end of the world.
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                There is a second Postman book?
                The paperback I read had 2 sections and IIRC it said they were separate books at one time.

Comment

Ah. Yeah, it was one paperback when I got to it. We are talking about the David Brin book right?
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                    Sounds less than the end of the world and more like just a regular war where America looses.
                    That's the apocalypse for the average Yank...
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

The Smurfs.

Comment

The smurfs are dead. Wendy Testaburger killed them all for their smufberries.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Much of Wizards scenes are in forests

Alien Apocalypse is about insect aliens who have conquered the earth to harvest its forests
                          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I forgot Children of Men, which is excellent. It isn't like post-nuclear war post-apocalyptic, but I think it fits in the genre. Also, new movie coming out, The Road (which looks pretty cool).
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Children of men could have been good from a world building standpoint, but sucked because the main plot made no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                                Return of the Jedi precedes the Ewok apocalypse, when debris from the second Death Star rained down upon them, and destroyed their way of life.
                                Don't you mean the Ewokalypse
                                The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Working...
                                X