Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a post-apocalyptic movie that took place in a forest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there ever been a post-apocalyptic movie that took place in a forest?

For the life of me I can't think of one (The Time Machine (the terrible version with Memento guy) doesn't count, as once a thousand or so years have passed the world ceases to be post-apocalyptic in much the same way as we are no longer in the "period following the fall of Rome" i.e. Rome's fall obviously influences our world but you can go a lifetime without something happening to you and your thinking "curse you Fall of Rome" as a result). Mostly they're desert worlds, occasionally arctic, oceanic, subterranean, or extra-terrestrial (e.g. orbital), but never forested.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Planet of the Apes had a fruit grove.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I forget, does Planet of the Apes fall within the 1000 Years Rule?

Comment

Probably not, but plot wise it is very post-apocalyptic.

edit - approx 2000 years
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Battlefield Earth is right on the 1000 border, and it had forests. It's classified as a post-a movie
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
            Probably not, but plot wise it is very post-apocalyptic.

edit - approx 2000 years
            Fair enough, the 1000 number is arbitrary and only meant to illustrate that the society has recovered from or at least is able to ignore the apocalypse, but there's certainly no guarantee that 1000 years is sufficient time to recover from an apocalypse.

Comment

If/when the Tripod movie comes out in a few years, it will be set at least partially in forests.

Comment

The Postman.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Time Chasers.

EDIT: Gah, no, I'm wrong. The forest scenes take place during the American Revolution. The post-apocalyptic scenes are all in an old factory/warehouse and the shopping mall/villain HQ.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Return of the Jedi
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Return of the Jedi precedes the Ewok Apocalypse, when debris from the second Death Star rained down upon them, and destroyed their way of life.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

IIRC some parts of Beyond Thunderdome took part in the forest (the parts with the children)
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Wasn't Cyborg (with Van Damme) in the Forrest a lot?

Also, what about The Postman, with Costner.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Nobody (should have) watched The Postman.

Comment

Red Dawn. The Soviets take over most of America and a group of teenagers form a resistance movement to fight the Soviets. They spend most of their time in the forest.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X