The Job Hunt_How's It Going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F*A*C*T:

In "Star Trek", main engineering and the scenes where Uhura were trapped in the bowels of the enteprise were actually filmed at a Budweiser plant. It was 40F. The barrels in the shots contained honest-to-goodness beer.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• a Budweiser plant. ... The barrels in the shots contained honest-to-goodness beer.

Does not compute...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I was going to put "beer" in quotation marks, but I got distracted by a stupid ****ing co-op student asking me a stupid ****ing question and I had to concentrate to refrain from *****slapping him.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Asher would make a good boss
          Monkey!!!

Comment

• He gave me code that CLEARLY would never work or even compile and said he was done. Now he tells me it worked at one point but he tried to merge the code with my code and that's why it's no longer working. What a ****ing, ****ing stupid idiot.

If I could fire him I would.

Earlier today he gave me a 46KB, 10 pixel by 10 pixel SINGLE COLOR PNG file.

THAT SHOULD NOT EVEN BE POSSIBLE.

Comment

• 12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Asher, do you ever watch Flipping Out on Bravo. You should, it's awesome, and the guy on there reminds of you somewhat. At least in the "I hate people who aren't like me" sort of way. The guys OCD is over the top and hilarious too. They should follow you around with a camera and a microphone in your head.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher View Post
                  Asher, do you ever watch Flipping Out on Bravo. You should, it's awesome, and the guy on there reminds of you somewhat. At least in the "I hate people who aren't like me" sort of way. The guys OCD is over the top and hilarious too. They should follow you around with a camera and a microphone in your head.
                  Never heard of the show. I'll check it out online at some point.

Comment

• i had my first interview with the ARC this afternoon. it went well. i go back next week to get my fingerprints run through the child abuse database, which should take a week or so the OMRDD can tell this agency that it's okay to hire me. the pay ****ing sucks: $9.74 an hour. however, they pay my health insurance outright, and residential employees garner a colossal four weeks paid vacation a year. to start. i'll certainly need a part time job; if i can pick up a job waiting tables or bartending two nights a week, i'd be comfortable.
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Turned down the beer job, wasn't what I hoped. They wanted me to do engineering work, can you imagine?

Had a phone screen with for a management job at some pharma place, they will probably be able to find someone better than me. I would like the position, but from the sounds if it they really need someone who can hit the ground running, and I am not sure if I am the person.

Got 3 rejections from the same place last week. I applied to several position because the places is expanding quite a bit. I also got a call from my recruiter who wanted to pitch me there. I told him what had happened and he thinks their resume screening program might have chucked me, so he's got the ear of the VP and is going to find out what was the issue is and try and get me in there.

Have 2 more recruiters who want to talk to me next Monday and Tuesday for two other positions.

Also, debating approaching a friend who is the ex-VP of a local engineering group about a PM position at his old company. He'd probably get me the job if I want it. Problem is my current company has relations with that company, so it would be a little awkward. Still, if we don't get this next contract we are bidding on I might have reason to look at something that close to my current company.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X